nlites

How can I find a Managed Server to perform well?

I hope a managed server will save me from much security work and worry.
Currently I'm on 1&1 Managed Cloud Hosting (2GB RAM, 2 vCores, 76GB free on SSD) but it is so slow that several back office functions are not completing, and giving a Gateway Timeout after 30 seconds eg: Adv Param > Information - never appears; or clearing the cache; or backing-up the database. If I 'upgrade' to 4 vCores and 8GB RAM it is just as bad!  It is slower than the shared hosting I was on before! 1&1 seem unable or unwilling to look at this.

How can I find a managed server that will give enough Apache/PHP/MySQL configuration options, and actual processing power, to give reasonably good performance?

I have PS v1.7.5.1 with mod_security disabled, and Smarty Cache enabled.

Activity
My shop is only partly developed - it has prices but does not take payments yet.
Products: 2000  (will eventually be over 6000)
Traffic is low

PHP version: 7.1 with all modules required by: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/
MySQL version: 5.7.27