ps 1.7.6.1 issue backoffice url anything after index.php/ 404 not found

xJoseph

Hello guys if anyone can help me with this issue im dealing with, I setup prestashop on nginx and installation was smooth, I logged into the backoffice and was looking through everything until I viewed pages with links like domain.com/admin/index.php/improve/translations etc those links followed by index with / gives 404 not found also debug mode like index.php/_profiler/  I couldnt work or view debug mode pages... not sure whats causing it however index.php?controller works fine.

I have made a topic on github with this issue but no one responded to it I will link it here if anyone can help I included the NGINX config on github below

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/15465

if anyone knows how to fix let me know thank you!

Edited by xJoseph (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

For anyone on 21 facing the same problem 

i faced the same problem in my shared hosting : product pictures does not show up (404)

i use an INMOTION shared hosting plan 

Prestashop 1.7.7.5

Nginx/Apache server combination 

in this type of installation you have an option to skip Apache processing to serve static content (like images) quickly 

this option is called: Accelerate static content.

skipping Apache means skipping the rewrite rules for friendly url as well resulting in a not found path (404)

Disabling this option make product images appears normally.

to disable this option go to your CPANEL -> Cache Manager -> Chose related domain name -> Options -> find (Accelerate static content) -> Disable