Stripe official (SCA-ready) Module Problems

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with the Stripe Module recently?.   Since upgrading a week or so ago we've had issues with the module undercharging, overcharging and simply omitting other amounts randomly, to the point where we had to disable the app but at present we're running an older version that still works but Stripe are literally screaming at us to update to the SCA-ready version, which doesn't work.   I'm not sure if it's only a few affected, but having searched the forums recently the only other thread that has similar issues is over on the French forum, and clearly the French moderators over there are not happy that us English people are trying to join the conversation, and have warned that further posts made in English will be deleted!.

Currently, we're running Prestashop 1.6.1.24 and were running 2.0.3 of the Stripe module, but on the developers instructions they presented us with v2.0.4 which didn't work either, so we're still running an older version that was offered by one of the other English users on the French thread.   Problem is, it's went quiet over there and there is still no word back from the developers, so just wondering if anyone else is getting payment errors, etc, with their prestashop.

Cheers

Marko

Hi

Yeah, i had same issues with overcharing. Seems like Stripe issued a new version of the module, (2.0.4) I've upgraded, lets see how that goes...

Edit: I see that you tried with 2.0.4...I talked with stripe support yesterday, but to be honest the support person i chatted with seemed clueless about what prestashop even is. I do hope they are fixing it ASAP as my it seems like it overchargers my customers, they get an error (payment is charged) , they try again and it works. So basically they are paying twice and now i have to do refunds all the time. Stripe should get its shit together.

Bear in mind this might be the version that was given to me from the developer and that didn't work either, it actually meant for a few transactions it omitted the postage charges - for one of the test transactions it even failed to charge for multiple items AND postage!.   If you're sales are simple, it might work OK, but if customers buy more than one item and are charged postage then this is when the module seems to start having issues.

I just tried installing the latest available version again and it wouldn't set the API keys either, said it was set successfully, but when on the front end it generated an error at checkout stating API keys weren't found so unless there is something wrong with our site working with this module, it just appears that new releases are getting progressively worse.  We've just installed the old version again and it's up and running once again!.

2 minutes ago, Alexxx85 said:

In my case, it overcharges the amount of the postage, so the customer ends up paying double the postage. How did you downgrade to the old version?

Just uninstalled and deleted the most recent version and uploaded and installed this one (attached) v1.5.2

stripe_official.zip

Edited by AmicaSoap (see edit history)

Personally, I can't be sure, but I'm thinking that those instructions may be for manually coded processing, as in someone physically coding the API's into their own website to accept payments, rather than us using the Stripe Module - from my Stripe dashboard it's showing that the Prestashop module is SCA Ready and I should upgrade.   I could be wrong, but I'm seeing nothing in the way of having to generate anything other than the API keys we're using, my understanding is the module does the work for SCA but I'll take another look just in case :)

Seems you could be right actually, in the Developers dashboard I see an "upgrade available" button as follows ...

Capture.thumb.PNG.41fe65227a04ca233599bf63eecfaead.PNG

Clicking it gives the following ....

Capture.PNG.1b8fa3b3cac9c3314cb35903650bd6d2.PNG

If this is so critical to the latest module, why wouldn't this be a part of the upgrade instructions or at least highlighted somewhere, unless I've totally missed it!!.   I'll do this tomorrow, as it is possible to roll back if all goes belly up and install the new module again and see what happens!

OK, tried the various upgrades, etc, still not working with the latest version of the module.

Here's what I did - uninstalled the 'old' version that still works, even deleted it, flushed all caches, smarty, etc and not running other caches anyways, went to the stripe dashboard as detailed in above post, upgraded the API's successfully and installed latest version of Stripe Module from the prestashop addons, added test keys and performed a test transactions which seemed to work.   Success I thought!!.   Then tried switching to live mode and the module refuses to acknowledge we've switched to live mode, even toggling the "live/test" button still shows the "Enter test key", entered the live keys anyway and saved, now receive an error telling me live keys in test mode (I know!), tried adding something to the cart anyway and go through the checkout process to see what happens, and error on front end telling me API keys missing.

So, still no further forward with the module, the only consistent thing is that the old version still works!.

Hi there 

I got 2 questions on it . If someone knows? 

I am on the last version of module to test before integration (2.0.4)

First, I try to order to see sca verification and nothing appears. the transaction has just been succeeded normally. No 3d secure, no more authentification... is it normal?

2- I got an issue with mobile cart information 

When i go through date and CVC, the screen goes up til the beginning of the order page.. I have to scrol down again to see the stripe module and see what i am printing..? 

Is there anybody like this as well? And of course anyone can have the solution of this issue?? 

Thank you 

Best

Greg

47 minutes ago, artistik said:

Is there anybody like this as well?

Would love to have helped but as per previous posts we can't even insert the live API keys in the updated module any longer so I'd suggest trying that first, if you have the same issue as us then it probably confirms the mod is broke behind recognition and we will likely have to wait until the developers manage to figure out what they have done to the module.  There are other threads across the forum platform in various languages that seem to be having similar issues but the lack of info from the developers is adding to the frustrations of everyone and reports are becoming muddled and cloudy to the point I don't think even the developers know where to start if I'm honest :)

hey 

thank you for your answer ArnicaSoap 

Well 

I just have to see that one of the bug is still active on my older stripe module 

I have find an alternative solution which is now 

- stripe for desktop and tablet order

- payplug for mobile orders 

no choice, 

let s see later the improve of the module 

best 

Greg 

On 8/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, AmicaSoap said:

Just uninstalled and deleted the most recent version and uploaded and installed this one (attached) v1.5.2

stripe_official.zip

3 minutes ago, artistik said:

I just have to see that one of the bug is still active on my older stripe module 

The above version (1.5.2) seems to work for everyone having the issues with the current version, not SCA Ready however, but at least it's a solution for most of us to continue accepting payments via cards.   If that version isn't working for you, it may be your Prestashop is a later version than ours, but if you haven't already tried the version mentioned, it's worth doing it :)

Ah, right, that makes sense, but with the most current version of the module we just cannot get it to operate properly at all, hence why we too don't really have an option by using the older version lol :)

I've seen nothing in the way of any announcements or acknowledgements from the developers either which is worrying given that the deadline for SCA is this month.   If they can't get it fixed by then, we'll have no choice but to move to another payment provider which would be unfortunate as Stripe are pretty decent and we've had no issues with them or the module up until now :(

This is not surprising - the module is not coded by either Stripe or Prestashop but by 202ecommerce. The new version has been an as usual **** up.

The previous module 1.5 had no ability to auth/charge later and neither does the new SCA compliant version - when it works! So the developer decides which features they will and won't support on a payment platform - great!

Prestashop really should be more hands on with implementation of something so basic as payment modules when they are providing an ecommerce environment!

Every merchant will need to switch to SCA and have it working if they have any customers in Europe soon

27 minutes ago, ukbaz said:

This is not surprising - the module is not coded by either Stripe or Prestashop but by 202ecommerce. The new version has been an as usual **** up.

To be fair, this is the first time I've had any issues with the module, but it is worrying that as the SCA looms we may not be in a position to offer payments to many and may even have to switch payment providers but as I understand it, the module offers a paid version too so if this is experiencing the same issues I can only imagine how the modules paying customers will be feeling about the situation, for me the most frustrating thing is the lack of info but I can only hope the developers are spending their time on fixing the issue and not simply fumbling around!

Hi folks,

i haven't still checked this new 202ecommerce free module version ( i have some shops using 1.5 vs and no problem at all), so i cannot say if it works or not, but hey if there are problems with free version i think that it would be better to buy a paid version module!!...i mean you cannot lose customers/money cause a free module not working!!:-).

Today i will give it a try on a test/cavia PS environment.

ciao

hi guys, 

i am also having rather large issue with Stripe ! not only undercharging, overcharging but they are now not paying out my money!

I have requested them to pay out the available fund on the 23th of August 2019, and it meant to be deposited to my bank account no later than the 29th of August, we are now the 7th of September and i am still waiting for the fund! 

i have emailed them over 13 times now and every reply was with different excuse, one of the emails says they have payed it out but my bank refused it !! so i contacted the bank and they confirmed no such a thing ! then they said they couldn't send the payment out on the 23th but instead it has gone out on the 29th and that i should receive it no later than the 5th of September! still no fund been received. !! 

they got full month of income of my money and refusing to pay or even to give me a real reason of why they are holding the money!! 

has anyone experienced anything like this before with Stripe? 

meantime i had to disable Stripe module and stick with Paypal, i dont know what should I do with this situation! who do i report them to and what sort of legal action can i take? 

i think there is something going on with Stripe and will advise all stripe uses to be very careful! 

let me know what your thoughts are please. 

thanks

Sam 

Edited by Bassam45 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Bassam45 said:

hi guys, 

i am also having rather large issue with Stripe ! not only undercharging, overcharging

This seems to be the common issue with the current stripe module, and it doesn't look like anything is going to be resolved anytime soon, we've already started to look into other modules in the hope of finding one that can work for us

7 hours ago, Bassam45 said:

i have emailed them over 13 times now and every reply was with different excuse, one of the emails says they have payed it out but my bank refused it !! 

I've never had issues with Stripe themselves, they have always paid out with no issues, so I can only assume there is something on your account that is an issue with them.   Only thing I can suggest is trying to phone them and explain the issue and see if you can get the answers.

19 hours ago, Fabry said:

Hi folks,

i haven't still checked this new 202ecommerce free module version ( i have some shops using 1.5 vs and no problem at all), so i cannot say if it works or not, but hey if there are problems with free version i think that it would be better to buy a paid version module!!...i mean you cannot lose customers/money cause a free module not working!!:-).

The biggest issue for us is finding a module that works, I've tried to test the "front end" demo's of most of other modules and they just don't work, it could be obviously to do with the fact they are demo front ends, but it doesn't make me want to part with my cash when I can't see how the modules react to a demo transaction.   The non SCA version of the free module still works for us without any issues but I've also noticed that the SCA screen has been removed from a few other big websites, such as National Lottery, previously my card was declined using these sites, now they have removed the SCA part, my card goes through without an issue so personally I think the SCA is causing a lot of people a lot of problems, even the bigger sites!.

I mentioned in an earlier post, that I'd given Stripe a heads up about this issue (I even linked them to this thread), here's their reply...

"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!  I see you had some concerns around Prestashop and Stripe being ready for SCA.

I wish I could be of a bit more help here, but since Prestashop built their integration with Stripe, they’ll be best able to help you with this directly. I especially recommend reaching out to them, because in this case I haven't found information about this experience outside of this thread in the Prestashop forums you've provided.

You can get in touch with Prestashop through their support page:

https://www.prestashop.com/en/support

Please let me know if you have other questions, as I am more than happy to help!"

...so - in essence - shrugging their shoulders ...how can it be an 'official stripe extension' if Stripe have no muscle here?

"

Edited by peskywinnets (see edit history)

9 hours ago, peskywinnets said:

I mentioned in an earlier post, that I'd given Stripe a heads up about this issue (I even linked them to this thread), here's their reply...

"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!  I see you had some concerns around Prestashop and Stripe being ready for SCA.

I wish I could be of a bit more help here, but since Prestashop built their integration with Stripe, they’ll be best able to help you with this directly. I especially recommend reaching out to them, because in this case I haven't found information about this experience outside of this thread in the Prestashop forums you've provided.

You can get in touch with Prestashop through their support page:

https://www.prestashop.com/en/support

Please let me know if you have other questions, as I am more than happy to help!"

...so - in essence - shrugging their shoulders ...how can it be an 'official stripe extension' if Stripe have no muscle here?

"

I had the same reply basically, nothing to do with us, it's a developer issue so I can only assume this isn't in any way an "official" stripe related module, purely a stripe module which is a little concerning especially as things have went quiet from the developers in regards to any form of update or acknowledgement of the issue at hand, we are still looking for a paid module that can deliver but we don't do a huge amount of sales across Europe so thankfully we're not set to be effected hugely but nevertheless it's something we would like to be fixed.

Hi ! 

so I give you my own solution 

I just Keep with the module that still work on my shop 1.5 . Cause at the same time, I find the design more secure for customer. 

I just changed the 3D secure settings. 

By default is 50. I was doing without since it wasn't requiere before. Now I change it to 30€. 

It means that every payment for 30 or more will be needed 3D secure verification. 

That's it. 

for people that want to modify by their own, you must go to stripe_official.php

Then look at line 1000-1001 here and change the value 

if (!$secure_mode_all && $amount >= 30) { $secure_mode_all = 1; }

😉 

I know that, as there is a free available module, most people do not want to pay for a module. I was the same, but after facing overcharges en masse, I decided to go with a paid module for stripe (Stripe reloaded from Bellini).
At the end, to pay a small amount for a working module is more profitable than worrying with the other by stressing me as well as my customers.

We've literally just went ahead and bought the "Stripe Payment Pro" which is a little more expensive but offers a great deal more flexibility from what I can see, unfortunately I can see it being the end for the free version because anyone receiving card payments doesn't want to be in the position of having that messed around with and I know myself if I come across a website that has such issues I'll simply abandon it and go elsewhere because I consider if the website is not able to function correctly then it's not necessarily a website that I would be confident in processing my payment or order!.   Pity, because the distinct lack of any acknowledgement or ongoing advice from the developer of the free module was what made my mind up, if they had have kept everyone in the loop, it might have been different.

15 minutes ago, Alexxx85 said:

I dont know about you guys but im not going to pay additional money for a stripe module when stripe already takes a % of the payment. Im already looking into replacing klarna with stripe.

I think it does depend on what we are comfortable with, personally I've had no issues with Stripe as a payment processor at all, and they do offer a lot of alternative payment methods all mostly built in to one easy integration API config, and their fee's are amongst the most reasonable around, for us it's really a no brainer, continue with Stripe and pay for a module or go through another sign up, integration, teething issues, potential snags, etc, at the end of the day no matter what any of us choose, if it works for you fab, but I'm kinda 'better the devil you know' especially when it comes to getting something up and running quickly, efficiently and working correctly which is why I chose to stick with Stripe and just go ahead and buy the module :)

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Alexxx85:

I dont know about you guys but im not going to pay additional money for a stripe module when stripe already takes a % of the payment. Im already looking into replacing klarna with stripe.

I know how you feel and I usually feel the same, but you have to take into account that the stripe module is not provided from stripe but from external developers.

If someone runs a shop that generates profit its sometimes more profitable to simply pay for something that is working than struggling and therefore miss some business.
At the end, of course, it is everybody's own decision what payment processors they take or which module to implement.

Hi there, Florent from Stripe team. I just discover this thread and am really sorry for all the issues you're all running into.

I'll make sure we soon correct our plugin and release an updated and corrected version. I'll update this thread once this is done.

All apologies again for these bugs. Best, Florent

1 hour ago, FlorentStripe said:

Hi there, Florent from Stripe team. I just discover this thread and am really sorry for all the issues you're all running into.

I'll make sure we soon correct our plugin and release an updated and corrected version. I'll update this thread once this is done.

Hi Florent - nice to see a response from the developers at last. Hope you plan to include the option to Auth And capture separately in this version! It's a basic feature of Stripe that a lot of merchants prefer to use and should be a 'must' option.

Regards

Baz

3 hours ago, FlorentStripe said:

Which "Stripe" team exactly are you from because when I contacted Stripe they told me they had nothing to do with this module and that I should contact the developer instead, which I did back on 25th August, which I assume you are part of, and despite a few messages back and forth we were left high and dry with no further information or acknowledgement at all as to what was happening with the module, so to say you've just discovered this thread is irrelevant as you knew there were issues 3 or so weeks ago, I even offered you the opportunity to test it on my site and offered my full co-operation but I received no further information at all.   What I assume you see happening now is people abandoning your module, and going elsewhere, and THAT is the reason you are now sitting up and paying attention.   A number of us have went ahead and now paid for Stripe Modules that work, so although I can still commend you for offering a free module, unfortunately the lack of attention or acknowledgement throughout this matter wouldn't make me go back to your module at all, free is great, but working is better and even if you had charged a few ££/$$ for the module to cover your time I'm sure many would have been prepared to pay that to have a working module.

1 minute ago, 202ecommerce said:

Hello,

All issues of this topic are curently fixed by the release 2.0.4, available since end of august. 
Enhancements like the fact to include the option to Auth And capture separately will have to be planned.

Best regards

Not on my site they aren't, we got the point where we couldn't even insert the API keys any longer on the latest version, entering live keys just threw up an error on the front page informing us of missing API keys, this despite flushing all cache, deleting the modules (although it wouldn't let us "delete" the module outright from the modules page) and even clearing all browser information.   Reverting back to the older module worked fine.

2 minutes ago, 202ecommerce said:

AmicaSoap, 
We currently have no more issues pending in our support threads.
Could you send me the url of your question to our support in order for me to come back to you ?

Thanks in advance

Having been through a number of forums across the different languages here on Prestashop which I've contributed to, there are still many people experiencing the same issues as I did with no further replies from anyone relating to the module, as for our report which we made directly to your support, we received no further response as of 28th August even though I explained the latest version still wasn't working so you must at least still have one support thread open, mine!.   Unfortunately, I have no need for this module any longer as I, and many others, have had no choice but to go elsewhere due to the lack of working module and lack of feedback.

1 hour ago, NSN said:

I'm afraid to say but they are not. Overcharging for example is still an issue.

Hello NSN, 

Could you please contact our support team on the following url :
https://addons.prestashop.com/fr/contactez-nous?id_product=24922
We currently only have problems with specifics PrestaShop for the module Stripe, no remaining issues impacting all configurations since mid august. 

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, AmicaSoap said:

Not on my site they aren't, we got the point where we couldn't even insert the API keys any longer on the latest version, entering live keys just threw up an error on the front page informing us of missing API keys, this despite flushing all cache, deleting the modules (although it wouldn't let us "delete" the module outright from the modules page) and even clearing all browser information.   Reverting back to the older module worked fine.

Having been through a number of forums across the different languages here on Prestashop which I've contributed to, there are still many people experiencing the same issues as I did with no further replies from anyone relating to the module, as for our report which we made directly to your support, we received no further response as of 28th August even though I explained the latest version still wasn't working so you must at least still have one support thread open, mine!.   Unfortunately, I have no need for this module any longer as I, and many others, have had no choice but to go elsewhere due to the lack of working module and lack of feedback.

Thanks for your feedback AmicaSoap, please be sure that we're answering every customer reaching us through the support form :
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=24922

We're very disapointed that we weren't able to help you with your issue.

Please be assure that if you send the id of your support topic, we'll be happy to help you.

1 minute ago, 202ecommerce said:

Thanks for your feedback AmicaSoap, please be sure that we're answering every customer reaching us through the support form :

We're very disapointed that we weren't able to help you with your issue.

Please be assure that if you send the id of your support topic, we'll be happy to help you.

I appreciate the offer, and the fact the module is free, but as I say, for us it's too late, we've moved on.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb 202ecommerce:

Hello NSN, 

Could you please contact our support team on the following url :
https://addons.prestashop.com/fr/contactez-nous?id_product=24922
We currently only have problems with specifics PrestaShop for the module Stripe, no remaining issues impacting all configurations since mid august. 

Thanks in advance

I appreciate your offer to help and I know you usually react very fast (you might remember, I asked about the problem of JPY payments), but as I had several payments with overcharging and for solving the JPY payment issue you would have need FTP access as well as BO access including data sensitive parts, I decided to use a different stripe module which resolved all my problems.

23 minutes ago, NSN said:

I appreciate your offer to help and I know you usually react very fast (you might remember, I asked about the problem of JPY payments), but as I had several payments with overcharging and for solving the JPY payment issue you would have need FTP access as well as BO access including data sensitive parts, I decided to use a different stripe module which resolved all my problems.

Thanks for your reply NSN, we would have been happy to help !

We wish you the best of sells !

19 hours ago, AmicaSoap said:

Which "Stripe" team exactly are you from because when I contacted Stripe they told me they had nothing to do with this module and that I should contact the developer instead, which I did back on 25th August, which I assume you are part of, and despite a few messages back and forth we were left high and dry with no further information or acknowledgement at all as to what was happening with the module, so to say you've just discovered this thread is irrelevant as you knew there were issues 3 or so weeks ago, I even offered you the opportunity to test it on my site and offered my full co-operation but I received no further information at all.   What I assume you see happening now is people abandoning your module, and going elsewhere, and THAT is the reason you are now sitting up and paying attention.   A number of us have went ahead and now paid for Stripe Modules that work, so although I can still commend you for offering a free module, unfortunately the lack of attention or acknowledgement throughout this matter wouldn't make me go back to your module at all, free is great, but working is better and even if you had charged a few ££/$$ for the module to cover your time I'm sure many would have been prepared to pay that to have a working module.

I work in the French sales team and was once in charge of the PrestaShop partnership / v1 of our PrestaShop plugin. I wouldn't say we have "nothing to do with this module" as developments are under our control, but indeed we outsourced its development and support to 202 eCommerce who is also involved in this thread.

My focus is no longer on PrestaShop but I got a feedback from a merchant I signed a while ago who linked to this thread. This is why I jumped in and escalated this thread internally. 

We'll sync with 202 eCommerce and make sure the plugin solves all issues you may face.

Best, Florent

Whilst I appreciate you coming back to me on this, it's frustrating when some of us raised these issues weeks ago and were fully prepared to help solve the issues, but then we learn all the issues in this thread were apparently fixed at the middle of last month when they weren't, and only after having went ahead and purchased modules are we now seeing some form of reaction from everyone, these issues were raised via Stripe themselves who tell us "nothing to do with us", now you tell us this development is still under Stripe control, we raised it via the developer too, who after a few communications, simply decided the module was fixed, when it clearly isn't and we told them is wasn't, and there are multiple threads across the various international community here on Prestashop with people telling of similar issues with the module.   The lack of reaction and attention to detail has resulted in some of us walking away from this module, which is a pity, but there it is, hopefully we've all learned something at this point but either way I do hope whoever is involved in the module manage to get it fixed and avoid a repetition of these issues.

Edited by AmicaSoap (see edit history)

Totally agree with all that's being said regarding the 'Official' Module. There seems to be precious little integral thinking or liason between, Strip, Prestashop & 202ecommerce. The previuos version had no option at Auth & Capture later, I advised 202 of this a considerable time ago - pointing out that quite a few merchants like this option - which is integral to Stripe. Eventually recode that module to cater allow for it as they would not.

Thinking they were aware of the issue I assumed that it would be incorporated into the new module by default - it wasn't> I emailed Stripe, Prestashop and 202 again and received no satisfactory response - each saying it was down to the other to assist!

So I went for the Stripe with ApplePay and Pay with Google (SCA Support) Module. Link here: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/14975-stripe-with-apple-pay-and-pay-with-google-sca-support.html Now installed on 3 sites and working fine - and with a developer that immediately responds to requests!

When a module is dubbed 'Official' by Prestashop it should at least be functional, offer prompt support and include core features. In this case it fails on all 3!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmicaSoap said:

Whilst I appreciate you coming back to me on this, it's frustrating when some of us raised these issues weeks ago and were fully prepared to help solve the issues, but then we learn all the issues in this thread were apparently fixed at the middle of last month when they weren't, and only after having went ahead and purchased modules are we now seeing some form of reaction from everyone, these issues were raised via Stripe themselves who tell us "nothing to do with us", now you tell us this development is still under Stripe control, we raised it via the developer too, who after a few communications, simply decided the module was fixed, when it clearly isn't and we told them is wasn't, and there are multiple threads across the various international community here on Prestashop with people telling of similar issues with the module.   The lack of reaction and attention to detail has resulted in some of us walking away from this module, which is a pity, but there it is, hopefully we've all learned something at this point but either way I do hope whoever is involved in the module manage to get it fixed and avoid a repetition of these issues.

Hello AmicaSoap,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I can assure you that since the launch of the V2.0 module in mid july, we took a lot of hours taking care of all issues coming to us by the 'contact the developper' form.
This way of reaching us allow us to ask for specific details in our eShops in a secure way, and we can dispatch specific issues from module issues.
I'm sorry we weren't abble to help you and wish you the best of sells.

3 hours ago, ukbaz said:

Totally agree with all that's being said regarding the 'Official' Module. There seems to be precious little integral thinking or liason between, Strip, Prestashop & 202ecommerce. The previuos version had no option at Auth & Capture later, I advised 202 of this a considerable time ago - pointing out that quite a few merchants like this option - which is integral to Stripe. Eventually recode that module to cater allow for it as they would not.

Thinking they were aware of the issue I assumed that it would be incorporated into the new module by default - it wasn't> I emailed Stripe, Prestashop and 202 again and received no satisfactory response - each saying it was down to the other to assist!

Hello ukbaz

I respectfully remind you we had several discussions about your great proposal, and we never said it was other parts responsabilities to deploy.
In fact we're currently discuting it.
I'm very sorry we weren't able to help as quickly as you needed and wish you the best of sells.

23 hours ago, Alexxx85 said:

Hi
202ecommerce, i again overcharged my customer with almost double the amount (!?), what kinda logs or what do you need from me to be able to debug this issue?

Hello Alexxx85,

Please send your request by using the form here :

Our support team will get back to you ASAP.

Best regards

Hello ukbaz

I respectfully remind you we had several discussions about your great proposal, and we never said it was other parts responsabilities to deploy.
In fact we're currently discuting it.
I'm very sorry we weren't able to help as quickly as you needed and wish you the best of sells.

HI 202

Regarding your response, this really is over simplified. As you know I contacted your many moons ago regarding the lack of this facility in version 1.5 of the module and eventually had to add code to this myself to allow separate auth & capture. So I was somewhat surprised to find that in the newest version this feature was still lacking. Not unreasonable I would have thought to expect this core feature to be there from the outset, having raised this with you before. The deadline was fast approaching and I had no idea of the likely timescale that this 'improvement' would take, so consequently I had little option but to buy a module that allowed this Stripe Core option.

Furthermore I notice the complaints on the forum are scattered throughout, which I agree makes it somewhat difficult to find/address complaints at your end. However having said that - the solution is very simple. The Ebay module that you also develop has a dedicated sub forum here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/251-native-partners-modules-ebay-paypal-etc/

Since this is classed as an Official Partner Module also it would make sense, surely to have established a Stripe module forum in the same section so that both developers and users had a central location in which to raise issues? I suggest this might make it much simpler for both developer and user to be more aware of any issues.

Just to keep all you guys updated. Im currently in dialog with developer regarding 2 issues:
1. Overcharging
2.Customer information not sent to Stripe, basically First name, last name etc do not appear in Stripe (mostly it happens for guests but ive also seen it happen for registered customers).

For the first issue, i got a zip file from developer and asked to uninstall my current module and installed the provided zip. I successfully tested it in "test mode", but as i went live mode and did an order in live mode, it failed, as in it overcharged me. Developer has been informed.

Edited by Alexxx85 (see edit history)

The sad thing is that the developer knows the overcharging issue since quite a long time and was not able to fix it properly, but mentioned that it would only affect single shops, which I don't really belief when browsing across the forum.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, ukbaz said:

Furthermore I notice the complaints on the forum are scattered throughout, which I agree makes it somewhat difficult to find/address complaints at your end. However having said that - the solution is very simple. The Ebay module that you also develop has a dedicated sub forum here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/forum/251-native-partners-modules-ebay-paypal-etc/

Since this is classed as an Official Partner Module also it would make sense, surely to have established a Stripe module forum in the same section so that both developers and users had a central location in which to raise issues? I suggest this might make it much simpler for both developer and user to be more aware of any issues.

Hello ukbaz,

Nice proposal to create a specific subforum.
We'll discuss that option with Stripe Teams and get back to you.
Anyway, about specific issues faced by merchants, it will not replace the opening of a ticket throught the official form (it allows us to securely ask for accesses to back offices).

We keep in touch about this.

We have the same issue and one more

Postage is not charged - so we have stopped using Stripe as a payment for orders that would need shipment - only PayPal for them

If a customer has a cart with 2 items, then cancels one, Stripe charges for 2 rather than the 1 in the order

Details of the order / customer are not passed to Stripe - so the subsequent refunds are also more difficult as there is no order ID / name to match to

As someone said before - this is going to hurt Stripe the most - we have already taken a lot less with the Stripe payment than previously

- Andrew

So, regarding the overcharging,  in my support ticket with @202 ecommerce, i received a new version of the modue (2.0.4.137). Alot of tests performed by me in test mode, it seems the module behaves as expected. I enabled the module in live mode and after 3-4 sales it seems to behave correctly, no overcharging. I believe the module is fixed now. I've also attached the module i got from developer to this post.

Now, for me, one issue remains and that is, guest information (name, last name etc..) is not sent to Stripe. It works fine if one refreshes checkout page, but if you just follow the workflow without refresh, the account information is not sent to Stripe. This is a just minor issue that as the transaction goes OK but it has to be fixed as the transaction traceability is lowered.

5d81f6ee42b8d (1).zip

Hello Andrew and Alexxx85,

Alexxx85, PrestaShop AddOn teams had not validate the new .137 version yet. 
On AddOn, the V2.0.4.137 will be V2.0.5 as soon as it will be validate by PrestaShop teams.

Andrew, could you please post a request for our support team ? : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=24922. 
We do not reproduce any overcharged issue since the launch of V2.0.5 (aka V2.0.4.137).

Thanks in advance

Hi,

sorry I was wrong with my earlier test

It looked like it had uploaded, but was still using the old version

I completely deleted the old version and re-installed Alexx's version, it appeared to upload but failed (I had it called stripe_official_1.zip - that didn't work)

Renaming fixed that

- and 2 days, now and no issues with UK customers - I have now expanded to France and Sweden

Will the new version write the customer email correctly (this is currently intermittent) and the order ID?

Regards

- Andrew

Is it possible to set Stripe as a modal instead of single line with all payment info? After user selects payment method, modal will pop with all neccesary info and the user will be redirected to Thank you page. The current state, entering credit card info into single line does not look very trustworthy from the users perspective.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-15-at-7.13.25-PM-816x1024.png

On 10/4/2019 at 8:41 PM, Wraith123 said:

Hello, i have a problem with blank input form at checkout page..

I have updated stripe to 2.05 with prestashop v1.6..before the update the checkout page was ok but now i can't understand where is the problem

SITE https://www.termedellabellezza.it/

Hello Wraith123,

Could you please send an help requet to our support team :

We'll be happy to help.

Best regard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2.08 is a nightmare.

Customer made a purchase on the 18th January for an item over £1k

Today the module has sent a charge again as if customer made another payment for the same amount.

I have been on the phone with Stripe for over an hour today and they confirm that the module itself generated over 400 errors with the initial payment on the 18th and it has by the looks of it, continued to process the payment despite it ultimately completing on the 18th. End result is the customer was charged £1089.99 today without even visiting the store.

Details of the payment in the stripe dashboard today show the date as the 18th slthough payment made on 21st, confirming it's a duplicate of the already approved payment.

Stripe are going to look deeper and contact me again via e-mail, if there's anything of use in their e-mail I will post here but not holding my breath.

Issues started after upgrading from 1.5 to 2.08 SCA version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, Statuesque said:

2.08 is a nightmare.

Customer made a purchase on the 18th January for an item over £1k

Today the module has sent a charge again as if customer made another payment for the same amount.

I have been on the phone with Stripe for over an hour today and they confirm that the module itself generated over 400 errors with the initial payment on the 18th and it has by the looks of it, continued to process the payment despite it ultimately completing on the 18th. End result is the customer was charged £1089.99 today without even visiting the store.

Details of the payment in the stripe dashboard today show the date as the 18th slthough payment made on 21st, confirming it's a duplicate of the already approved payment.

Stripe are going to look deeper and contact me again via e-mail, if there's anything of use in their e-mail I will post here but not holding my breath.

Issues started after upgrading from 1.5 to 2.08 SCA version.

Any news??? I'm having a lot of problems with this module too... Orders that are getting paid by the customer but doesn't appear in Prestahop. Another nightmare without any solution from @202 ecommerce @202-Ecommerce

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 4:43 PM, Anfuca said:

Any news??? I'm having a lot of problems with this module too... Orders that are getting paid by the customer but doesn't appear in Prestahop. Another nightmare without any solution from @202 ecommerce @202-Ecommerce

Did you solve that? I have the same issue, people finish the payment but we don't get any alert because the order has not state on PS backoffice.

On 2/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, Dan Guerrero said:

Did you solve that? I have the same issue, people finish the payment but we don't get any alert because the order has not state on PS backoffice.

No... It is still happening radomly. I contacted with the developers. I adviced them that I have made a lot of tests and I couldn't reproduce it.
Their answer is: "we can't reproduce it". 😩

• 2 months later...

I moved on to a different payment module called Stripe Payment Pro (SCA-ready) Module

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/17856-stripe-payment-pro-sca-ready.html

Easy to install with a ton of extra features and payment options and absolutely ZERO problems.

I ultimately figured that the 202 module is free and you get what you pay for and receiving payments correctly for both me and the customers is important. I have had other 202 modules and all as bad as each other to be honest. Will not use 202 ever again for anything.

• 8 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, artistik said:

Hi there 

I got 2 questions on it . If someone knows? 

I am on the last version of module to test before integration (2.0.4)

First, I try to order to see sca verification and nothing appears. the transaction has just been succeeded normally. No 3d secure, no more authentification... is it normal?

2- I got an issue with mobile cart information 

When i go through date and CVC, the screen goes up til the beginning of the order page.. I have to scrol down again to see the stripe module and see what i am printing..? 

Is there anybody like this as well? And of course anyone can have the solution of this issue?? 

Thank you 

Best

Greg

Hello, could you fix your problem? I have not secure 3d option...it is not in left menu. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for jumping onto this topic, but it's pretty much the very same problem I'm having!

I have a prestashop website that I upgraded to 1.7.6.7 last September.

Stripe was working fine UNTIL they started pestering me about being SCA-enabled ...

I then noticed all the payments I received in December were duplicated. Strangely it was only some customers. Eventually I realised that I had inadvertently enabled the ability for customers to store their credit card. Looks like whenever they placed an order with me in December, payment would be taken ... and then payment would be a second time! it was even more fun if the customer had set up duplicate accounts on my website & had stored their credit card details on the duplicate account - cue more payments that were taken!!

I disabled the "store credit card details" bit on the module, and also went into my Stripe dashboard where, under "Customers" I could remove all the cards stored.

Seemed to work fine ...

THEN, SCA Requirements kicked in for January 2021. I had to set the module to SCA-enabled. For some reason, even though I had all my APIs entered correctly and set it "live" whenever a customer goes to pay through Stripe, all they get is their name automatically entered on the payment bit (not sure how/why that happens) but they also can't enter their credit card details at all. 

I'm totally stumped on how to fix this. Common sense says it is something to do with the SCA thing, but I don't know how to fix it.

For the moment, I've disabled Stripe on my website, cos there's only so many times you can answer the phone saying "Oh Sorry. How annoying for you. If its convenient I can take payment over the phone, but thanks for letting me know about this problem. I'll try and get it fixed!"

Stripe seem to have zero interest and keep saying it's a Prestashop problem ... if anybody has found how to fix this, let me know!

To be honest I simply ditched the free module.

I needed to have faith in the module, it is after all the way you will take payments. Customers will not accept being charged twice unless they are VERY understanding.

We decided to use a paid mudule and from the moment we ditched the free one and started with the paid one we have had ZERO issues.

The module we went to was Stripe Payment Pro by NTS which also allows for apple pay, google pay, Klarma etc as well as many others. for the sake of £54.99 you might as well get it and end the sleepless nights :)

This was the module we went to Stripe Payment Pro (SCA-ready) - PrestaShop Addons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You set up Stripe receipts from your stripe dashboard directly. You can format the mails and add logo etc. The latest SCA allows you to turn off stripe e-mail receipts if required so that only your prestashop store sends its usual order receipt.

If you use the older version of the SCA stripe module, there was an error where the stripe receipts were being sent to wrong customers e-mail addresses so make sure you use the latest version.