Stripe 2.0.3 hangs during installing

peppezic

I there,

I've been running stripe official module since 2017. A few days ago I tried to update it to latest 2.0.3 version on my 1.6.23 installation.

During installation I get this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/var/www/prestashop/modules/stripe_official/vendor/totpsclasslib/src/Db/ObjectModelDefinition.php:
Arrays are not allowed in class constants

Does anyone experienced same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello:

This is probably related with the fact that the las module version uses a version of PHP that you do not have configured on your hosting. You can continue using the older module version or contact developer to fix this issue (that is not so hard to solve it).

Regards

59 minutes ago, Rolige said:

Hello:

This is probably related with the fact that the las module version uses a version of PHP that you do not have configured on your hosting. You can continue using the older module version or contact developer to fix this issue (that is not so hard to solve it).

Regards

Stripe official support told me the same about the PHP version installed on my VPS. I'm currently running php 5.5.9 but new stripe module requires at least 5.6. I can't update php to newer version because I'm running ubuntu 14.04 LTS server that is no longer receiving updates. So I think the easiest way to update PHP is to use another repository who provide updated PHP libs for 14.04. 

Everybody suggest Ondřej Surý  repo to do that (https://tecadmin.net/install-php5-on-ubuntu/) but I'm concerned about the consequences on a live environment.

Edited by peppezic (see edit history)