Issues with my version 1.4.017

BWT

I am writing this after hours of thought and stress about this version. I have repetedly asked for help in other threads with no reply and am at the end of my rope with this version so much so that i am thinking it might be best if i just use another e-commerce solution. I think prestashop could be great but untill some simple things get sorted out all it is is a issue.

The first problem is ....

1. Google checkout module. The module function works fine and will pass off itmes bought but in the last page of the prestashop purchase when you use google checkout the total is always $0.00 dollars and it doesn't add the new order to back office with all its attributes so, you wouldn't even know you had an order. you do find out however if you have google setting s set to send email with new order. (this is a problem for a lot of people who like me i am sure are loosing converstions every day) the confirm.tpl is the page i am talking about

2. If you have a dark background the text in the checkout process is very hard to see or you can't see it at all. I have a black background and some of the text you can't see (look at image 1,2 , & 3) I have figured how to change some of the text but not all of it in the global.css and i know the background color and text get its tag from the body tag. I also know that the text that needs to be changes is on different areas of the css so it makes it very difficult to do. Figured it out by looking with FIREBUG but still don't know a way to configure the body color text from the text color. (I did a few searches and spent more then an hour on this by the way!) If i have missed something please be kind enough to post a link so i can follow it and find the information i am looking for.

3. lastly the guest checkout page works untill the very end there is no button for the customer to finish payment and move to gateway?? (Does anyone else have this problem?)

if these things were fixed the version would be great! I need help please anyone with suggestions ideas, answers thank you

41613_L1Hw5eSwfcv6O5v62fac_t

41615_0VuHW1gAOyTSnkUx1D9u_t

I am writing this after hours of thought and stress about this version. I have repetedly asked for help in other threads with no reply and am at the end of my rope with this version so much so that i am thinking it might be best if i just use another e-commerce solution. I think prestashop could be great but untill some simple things get sorted out all it is is a issue.

The first problem is ....

1. Google checkout module. The module function works fine and will pass off itmes bought but in the last page of the prestashop purchase when you use google checkout the total is always $0.00 dollars and it doesn't add the new order to back office with all its attributes so, you wouldn't even know you had an order. you do find out however if you have google setting s set to send email with new order. (this is a problem for a lot of people who like me i am sure are loosing converstions every day) the confirm.tpl is the page i am talking about

2. If you have a dark background the text in the checkout process is very hard to see or you can't see it at all. I have a black background and some f the text you can't see (look at image 1,2 , & 3) I have figured how to change some of the text but not all of it in the global.css and i know the background color and text get its tag from the body tag. I also know that the text that needs to be changes is on different areas of the css so it makes it very difficult to do.

3. lastly the guest checkout page works untill the very end there is no button fr the customer to finish payment and move to gateway??

if these things were fixed the version would be great I need help please anyone with suggestions ideas, answers thank you

Hello Tjg,

Nobody is replying because they don't know the solution themselves. Prestashop 1.4v will take some time and only then people will be used to workout with it

My personal experience with PS 1.4 is very bad. So I reverted back to 1.3.7 which I feel is comfortable although with less options.

I appreciate your reply Ryan. I do understand it will take time for people to get on the boat sort ta speak but my frustration doesn't just come from working with 1.4

Do you have any idea about the problems I listed? Google check out is the biggest issue it works but it's discouraging to visitors if they notice it during checkout ya know?

The other thing is I don't have too much coding experiance and during checkout there is text thats the same color as my background that i would like to change and have looked all through the gloable.css and have found some of the areas I need to change and have done so. visit my signature link and add a product to cart if you want to take a look(highlight each step to see the hidden text on a few of the step) The problem is that the background color is sets the color for some of the text and I need to figure out how i can change that. I know its posible because I did it on the "terms and conditions page by adding a little code ANY suggestions woud be great thanks!

This is what i did to get the text to show on one of the pages. Looking foor something similar if possible for the rest.
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/62189/

Yeah what really pisses me off!
is I have spent coutless hours, days, weeks, and months working on my shop and it was fine at a low version of 1.3 I fianlly decide to upgrade because of them saying 1.4 final is here! I figured it would be all done and its absolutly completely let me down and now my store is a mess, I can't add new products or edit older products. Customers can't see some text because its the same color as the background. I get errors loading some products in cart and google checkout doesn't tally total correct and so on it just makes me sooooo frusterated and NO ONE seems to know anything on how to fix any of these issues I am ready to PAY top dollar for answers or ditch prestashop altogether for a paid service I don't have to deal with anything....it would be nice even if someone just said "not sure but working on it" would give me a little hope lol !

Yeah what really pisses me off is I have spent coutless hours, days, weeks, and months working on my shop and it was fine at a low version of 1.3 I fianlly decide to upgrade because of them saying 1.4 final is here i figured it would be all done and its absolutly completely let me down and now my store is a mess I can't add new product or edit older products customers can't see some text because its the same color as the background I get errors loading some products in cart and google checkout doesn't tally total correct and so on it just makes me sooooo frusterated and NO ONE seems to know anything on how to fix any of these issues I am ready to PAY to dollar for answers or ditch prestashop altogether....it would be nice even if someone just said not sure but working on it would give me a little hope lol !

Yes TJG. Prestashop 1.3.7v is the best.

Note: if you,do not have a VALID , non-self signed SSL cert, google checkout will not send order confirmation. The google checkout module is balls right now, I get the $0.00 total as well. I will take a look at it in the morning. I assume its waiting for the order conf to come back from google before it converts the cart to an order. That is just a guess tho.
As far as im concerned, for all the changes from 1.3.x to 1.4.17, it seems to have gone pretty smoothley.

--Kevin Klika
Pursuant Solutions

Silencespr- If you find any info about how to correct it please PM me Thanks

Angora- Yes sometimes I have "fat Fingers" and type too fast when i pissed! I also have a "BeanTown"accent witch makes it seem a certian way/to sometimes/some people.

I have tried "fire bug" and fixed 3 of 5 of the related problems however two are left and can't seem too find the place or should i say I have found the tag that they get there code from it's the body tag. If you look at my global.css it says "white" or numbers for white on black BG and it still displays in black! The only thing i have selected as black is the background ALL other text color tags and other tags are displayed in red or other colors witch will display in a black BG yet it doesn't. Don't know how to use IE9 developer tools that well yet! I'll look into that today. oh! and I have spent many hours searching the net! The things I may SPEW come from the MONTHS of work being wasted on a stupidd update that says FINAL! One would thik that final tends to mean finished like the final version of 1.3.7 that seems to work well. I am sure if you were in my shoes you too would feel the same.

ox40- My google setting are perfect! I have been using google checkout now for 3 years and spent many many many long hours learnning the way everything works over at google signed cart, xmlsettings, with a ssl cert. OK. In the last step of checkout when the user selects Google as the gateway two issues arize 1. the color of text is the same as background (I have tried editing directly on that page its the confirm page in the module folder for google. and the second it in my store it will not add orders or have the correct amount at the last step of the process just before it goes to googles page. in 1.3.7 Googles module did work perfect so i was surprised to see there was an issue in 1.4.17!!

also I checked with my hosting to make sure my ssl would work with goggle and it does! Like i said before I have been using googles service for quite some time and never before had an issue untill upgrade.

Just to let all of you know most of the time i have figure the issue out by myself from searching on the net from forum threads and other searches but if i have overlooked something and missed a thread with the answers i am looking for please post the thread here so, it can be found with out the negativity please!

Its as simple as this I am not putting down the default app and if you misunderstood me well then thats your problem not mine! and to make it clear its my issue. I have a black BG and need to change color of text in specific areas anyone have ideas? And NO the all so mighty default prestashop theme is perfect! For all those who misunderstood me. However the google checkout module isn't or doesn't work as well as version 1.3.7!

Thank you
=)

p.s. - One other thing I have forgotten is I can't add new products or edit old products. I added two new products since upgrade and they worked, then I went to add a 3rd and couldn't get the image to save with the finished product or add the download file aventually adding the download file worked but had to add it several time for it to stick. I also went to edit a older product and got some error I didn't understand. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix for it? Or Am I the only one using 1.417 with my "Fat Fingers" that this is happening too?

ta ha yeah I am working on getting on with it very soon! And I will add the hard code for my next try! Here is what I am looking at (images) it does rule it out because it is Inherited from the body. I have changed the tos page text by adding code to the css and the page text I wanted to change and thats what I wanted to do for the other pages during the checkout process but it's not the same so, it didn't work! For example I added label#cgv { color: #FFFFFF } to the css and cgv to the page and it worked great! The other pages however are different and when I tried to add it and variations of it it didn't work. I don't know everything about css and am humble enough to say so and ask for help!

I did get pissed but it wasn't at what other people have done it was my own doing (upgrading) So now comes the work how to get back to the place I was at?

So i tried to go to the location the text is, inside a category of mine at the top of the category page for 1 and the css refers it to the category.php page and I can't place anything there. The chaekout page is next.

41801_A8BnEIcoH6jhYLWHbGWy_t

41800_9D39Kexfubyi1YCLdEH9_t

Thanks but i think i am going to keep the version 1.4! I just fixed or figured out a major issue i was having that added to the mess. It is another problem that i didn't list i couldn't edit new products or add product image text so on. kept getting an error I changed the stock movement option to increase instead of order and now am able to use everything just fine!

The text issue isn't that big a deal because i changed the important part already however it would be nice to figure it out at some point.

The only other thing is google check out modules summery page and addition of order in back office. this is a big deal for my store and I am just going to leave it and hope for an update or something because it does work!

oh yeah and as far as the one page checkout goes I don't even use it anyways. When i tested it / turnned it on everything looked good except at the very end there was no way to confirm order (no button) or pass to payment gateway got any ideas on this? If you want to see what i mean I change my checkout to one page and you can take a look if your interested?

As frustrating as it may be, your problems are all caused by incompatible modules and theme files. It has hardly anything to do with the core software itself.

A quick look in your css shows that the black text is caused by a module called addheader. There is inline css added by that module that sets the color to black. You should check the module files and find where it does that.

Never said it was the software! BINGO! thats why I ask in forums like this for help because a fresh pair of eyes always seems to turn up new clues to solve the issue! Thank you my friend you just made my day. Wooo Hooo! I took out the color:00000 tag that shouldn't have been there anyways and bam it's fixed! It always seems to be something easy like that always I knew i had set the global.css write Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Today turnned out to be a good day solved all of the issues except for one the Google Checkout module

41818_9gkGhTeWWXC4kKuHgj84_t

I just deleted the current google checkout module that came with the newest prestashop and installed the older version that worked from our previous 1.3 version. When installed it shows up under other modules. I just made sure the configuration was still the same and did a test and it worked.

I did not roll back prestashop. Currently running 1.4.0.17 with 1.3 google checkout installed. Hope this helps.

I tried that and it didn't work for me when i got to the checkout page it was blank???

Flashlights- if you don't mind send me a link to your site so i can look at the way you have your google checkout module set up. Thanks

Guys in all honesty Prestashop 1.4 has a few kinks to work out.. some querks that are very very difficult to pin down. Fortunately programmers and leaders on this forum have been quick with updates. For the most part I am impressed. Our own government can not get a budget in time to prevent closure but a few good programmers can get together from all over the world and put together one of the most user friendly, sophisticated and impressive ecommerce systems I have ever seen and did it for FREE! Prestashop will always have my loyalty!

I still have 2 little issues with the back office and can use some help.. which I am confident one of the great programmers I was just chatting up will be able to help me with.

1. When I click configure on some standard 1.4 prestashop modules such as payment block. It says it is uninstalled successfully. I click install and it installs it again. It does not however appear on my site. I checked position and it is there on the right hook like it should be. But not on the front office. It is enabled and green. Yet.. nada showing on the front office? Did something change so this module can not be diplayed on a right hook in 1.4? I could always show it on right hook in 1.3.

2. Advertising block 2 and Advertising block 1 is on my site, both show up on the front office fine.. but in the back office my block advertising 1 is no where to be found so I have to configure manually anytime I make a change or uninstall and reinstall and configure and then it dissapears again.. WHY?? Most of the issues seem to be with the back office page.

Is there a back office page .php file that I should be updating or reloading that could have gotten corrupted?

I had something simiar happen to me but it had to do with the configure link on each module how I ended up solving my issue was another thrird party module was causing problems and some on my module also were not displaying in the front office. The best advice that has been handed down to me from others is "Check any thrid party modules installed" Once i have done this everything seemed to fall in place go through each of yours or shut them all off and one at a time turn them back on and eleminate any possibilities of your module causing problems for you. Good luck and let us know how it turns out

I doubt that is it but I tried it anyway.. only have 5 of the 3rd party modules, the rest of my changes are global or module css changes.

Block Advertising
Block Advertising 2
Free Block
Top Horizontal Menue
JCarosel

I used home text editor and just moved it for the other graphics at the bottom.

If anything the issue is with free block but I NEED that plain HTML block with the block header. Any substitute that you know of compliant with 1.4?

ALSO I KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE with my PRODUCT.PHP file as the web hosting company has said that that file was crashing thier server with over use of resources when I did the upload of my 23,000 products. Not sure why. Also very slow to add a product to cart with the add to cart buttons.

Well after removing all 4 still had issue with basic standard installed modules on presta 1.4 so that was not it.. thanks for trying to help..

ANYONE ELSE??? :)

Are you using a shared hosting sometimes if you have a lot of traffic this sort of thing can happen. Not sure if i can help with the other thing but if i have any ideas I'll post them. oh! one more thing i noticed if you use IE9 it seems there are major problems with the version it's not full compatible because IE9 is beta stage try using fire fox. This happened to me and i thought the new version of prestashop sc@ked but come to find out it was because of IE9 i was using when i worked with fire fox everything was as it should be and worked great in my case.

We have dedicated IP for the SSL, and they said only two small other websites on that sever..

We have not finished the site let alone marketed it yet, getting very few hits right now.. count on one hand daily.

Love any ideas!
Not IE either.. wish it was that easy.. Firefox is just as slow so that is not working either..

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out my speed issue which really solved about 10 problems in one..

It was the content in my uploaded products file.. I had symbols all over it like #, $, %, ^, & , * and others.. once I removed everything but text, numbers and minus signs - then everything seemed to work great.. ecspecially the category friendly URL's showed automatically as Hand_Tools, but when I changed it to Hand-Tools it started flying and the friendly URL's also started to work.

I had to just use find replace in open office spreadsheet to my category and product files editing in the product files these columns:
name, meta-tag, meta-description, meta-keywords, tags and url rewritten. In the category names it was name, url rewritten only and that was the fix.. my site is now flying along.. I have one more stupid error on my header to figure out and I am done with this thing!

Good luck gang.. hope this fixes your problem. I have over 12,000 prducts and all are loading fast, categories are switching quickly and everything is smooth!

• 3 weeks later...