Ill explain detail by detail what have been done and what is the problem as you think there was upgrade made and there wasn't none.
- We have a 1.6 store running for a few years now.
- We wanted to migrate to 1.7 as we think there is a lot of benefits from UX point of view.
- Currently setup of store 1.6 is as follows: our domain, lets call it domain1.com , its root file folder is /public_html/ - ps 1.6 installed on this folder - this is an addon domain on cpanel.
- We download and install 1.7 to folder /public_html/domain1.com/ - using completely new DB and DB user.
- We received a brand new 1.7 store, with url www.domain1.com/domain1.com
- All is working correctly -> 1.6 store continue to be our live store while we are working on the empty store of 1.7.
- We installed the migration addon on the 1.7 store and migrate the data (customer, products,cms, images, etc) from 1.6 to 1.7 using this module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/8934-migrationpro-prestashop-to-prestashop-migration-tool.html
- All is working good -> new store 1.7 contain all data from 1.6 store. 1.6 store still production store as we are working on design and other modules setup in 1.7 store.
- 2 days ago we finished working on 1.7. - 1.7 store is ready for production and dealing with new visitors.
- Now the problem start:
- while going to cpanel -> addon domain -> change root directory -> point from /public_html/ (where 1.6 installed) to /public_html/domain1.com/ (where the new 1.7 store is located)
- we thought its a simple step as the domain root directory will be /public_html/domain1.com/ and will load the 1.7 store.
- cleaned browser cache, - opcahce and memcached are disabled on server.
-What happen in reality:
- while try to open domain1.com we thought it will open the new 1.7 store without any problem as its working perfectly BUT:
- The index file is still loading from /public_html/ and NOT /public_html/domain1.com/ . While index file is trying to load resources like scripts, images, css from /public_html/doamin1.com/ -that means that domain1.com is still trying to load index from 1.6 store located at /public_html/ while the index file is trying to locate the resources from the new defined root folder, causing the 1.6 to look broken (no css, etc.)
- we first thought its server/cpanel issue, so we made tests, we uploaded a new index.html file into /public_html/domain1.com/ and browser load it correctly while going to www.domain1.com
- so we came to a conclusion that this is a prestashop issue, which means, while going to www.domain1.com , the prestashop 1.7 files or DB(??) is trying to load/redirect to the index file on /public_html/ instead of /public_html/domain1.com
- ive posted this issue hoping someone can help us sort it out, where/what to edit so it will load the right index file from /public_html/domain1.com and not go back to /public_html/
is it more clear now?
thank you for all your help.