Pretashop 1.7 and PayPal issues

Walrus

Am setting up new store using Prestashop 1.7.0.4. Have installed PayPal v.3.11.3 (latest currently available version), and wire payment modules.

On the checkout page, I see two logos and radio buttons for PayPal, but none for wire payment (see attached screenshot). The module is enabled and configured (works fine in 1.6 in another store).

Any help appreciated to fix issue.

Thanks.

post-877408-0-82442600-1487841630_thumb.png

Am setting up new store using Prestashop 1.7.0.4. Have installed PayPal v.3.11.3 (latest currently available version), and wire payment modules.

On the checkout page, I see two logos and radio buttons for PayPal, but none for wire payment (see attached screenshot). The module is enabled and configured (works fine in 1.6 in another store).

Any help appreciated to fix issue.

Thanks.

AFAIK, official PayPal module is not compatible with PS 1.7.

Have read differing reports about the module being compatible, or not.

Fixed wire payment by reinstalling it, and hiding the second PayPal option via CSS.

hi mate how did you hiding the second PayPal option via CSS

im getting the @hiddenSubmit under the paypal option

please

Edited by delboy01 (see edit history)

Yes, am using the PayPal EU version. However, I haven't tested it all the way to making a purchase, so it may fail at the last step (i.e., notifying Prestashop once customer has paid). Prestashop expects to release a PayPal module for v1.7 in March.

• 1 month later...

Have now installed PayPal v4.0.1. It took some doing, so thought following steps may help someone.

1. Make sure you comment out the CSS for hiding the second PayPal option used with v3.11.3

2. Rename all PayPal table prefixed in the database (use cPanel > phpMyAdmin)

3. Install v4.0.1

4. Check permissions in yourStore > Modules > PayPal (should be 755 for dirs and 644 for files)

5. Configure PayPal module and enter the ID and Secret codes you generated in your PayPal developer account

6. Click Save!