[Solved]Help, cant log in to backoffice after update

Hello.

I just updates my prestashop from 1.6.0.14 to 1.6.1.5.

Went just fine, but i cant log in to the backend now, ive tried clearing my cookies ect. but its a no go.

I have the login screen but when i enter the details and click login it just redirects me to the login screen.

Hope someone has a solution for this because if not i will have to start all over which i dont really want to at this time, cant even do a rollback because i have no access to the backoffice.

The front page works just fine tho

Regards
Bo

Edited by mostlyharmless (see edit history)

sometimes I have seen this when PrestaShop debug mode is enabled.  

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

will give you general guideline for enable/disable of debug mode.

Note: if already disabled, then enable and try login to see if any error.  Also check you hosting php error log.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there an easy way to turn Debug Mode off without logging into the Back Office for the first time?

I too am having this issue, but with PS 1.7.0.4

I have already changed the "PS_CIPHER_ALGORITHM", but I am still unable to login.

I am experiencing the same behaviors that the OP is experiencing. I enter the proper login details and the page acts like it's going to login, but instead it just reloads the login page (doesn't give any errors or anything).

I've cleared my cookies, logs, caches, etc. I've changed browsers and tried it on different computers with different operating systems, using different IP's.

No luck...