Multistore Group Settings

HaCos

Hello, i am wokring with Prestashop and one store in 2 languages. I have another request from the same client and i am between createing another store within same installation of prestashop (make use of multistore) or installing a new store from scratch. 

Have anyone been working a lot with multistore,  different domains? Is it stable?

I am checking group options and i cant share orders within stores (That would be cool) because there are already orders in the existing store. Is there a way to safety hack this?

I have done several demo installations locally of multistore to verify that everyhing will work as it should. I manage to create another store apart from default only on a subfolder of existing store. I havent managed to accomblish 2 somdain working on same time & same prestahop installation.

Another very important thing is that i already use the web service to get & update data from the current store.

Will the settings of the group of stores make any difference here?

Since we have are talking about 2 stores, this means that there will be 2 webservices? Is there a way that i could use 1 webservice url (as i do now ) & update product availability of both stores? (product id could be the same since we have shared products within multistore group options)

Same question for orders & customers.. Is there a way to receive orders & customers from 1 webservice only and not bother with another one?

Regards,

C

I am checking group options and i cant share orders within stores (That would be cool) because there are already orders in the existing store. Is there a way to safety hack this?

I copy the following solution for "hacking" the sharing options within stores when you have already one store with orders, customers etc.. 

I solved my problem with Javiot suggestion! 

1) write down your existing shop id

2)  set id_shop to null in the  ps_customer and ps_orders   tables

3) now you can change your shop-group setting to share customers and orders

4) set the old shop_id value for the ps_customer and ps_orders table

It has been really a big help!