Hello Guys,

I am facing a problem in configuring multi-store in PrestaShop 1.6.x and I couldn't find a single tutorial / post online explains how to configure multi-store end-to-end across all aspects (Prestashop, cPanel, second domain configuration...etc.) in addition all posts are very technical where i get lost in the technical jargon:

The multi-store I want to create is: (these domain names are for explanation purposes only)

Main shop called www.sports.com and another two separate stores www.football.com and www.swimmingstore.com to keep it simple, I don't want to share orders or customers or products or carts across these different stores.

The steps I did were the following:

I registered all domains.

main store www.sports.com:

1. Registered the domain www.sports.com for example with godaddy.com 
  2. Hosted the domain > the domain point to the host server  
  3. Installed Prestashop using cPanel
  4. Enabled Multi-Store
  5. Created new group called outdoor
  6. Created new Shop www.football.com , ShopGroup: outdoor
  7. The www.sports.com URL information is
    • ​Domain: sports.com
    • SSL Domain: sports.com
    • physical URL: /shop/
    • virtual URL: <empty>
    • final URL: http://sports.com/shop/
  8. The new store  (www.football.com) URL is
    • ​Domain: football.com
    • SSL Domain: football.com
    • physical URL: /shop/
    • virtual URL: <empty>
    • Final URL: http://football.com/shop/
  9. I went to www.sports.com cPanel and parked www.football.com
  10. I changed the theme for www.football.com to look completely differnt 

The first issue: When I access www.sports.com from the browser, it opens www.soprts.com/shop/  on the browser header it shows football (I don't know why)

The Second Issue: When I access www.football.com I am trying to open www.football.com/shop/ in the web browser i am getting 404 not found.

I really appreciate all help to confirm what i did and how to solve above issues, missing steps ..etc..to make the multi-store multi domain works... 

Thank you in advance and looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards,

AB

If you want to use your shop for testing purpose only, then you gonna get good fun and finally succed i am sure, but if your plan is to go LIVE with theses sites, I recommand NOT to USE multishop feature of prestashop otherwise you gonna get troubles, just to let you know for exemple the sitemap is not working in multishop since 3 years now at least and no fix has been issued except some from end users trying to patch their online shops.. but from the Prestateam you won't get any real support for that matter, so be prepared to encounter real bugs and felle all alone !

Best Regards