Prestashop 1.6.11: currency change not working on frontend

Hi everyone,

i need help with an unusual problem.

The block currency not working on frontend. I've three type of currency: Euro, Dollar and Pound, and when i try to change the currency is always set on Euro.

If i access to website through hidden proxy from U.S.A. the currency is correctly set on Dollars, but if i refresh the page or change page the currency is set on Euro again.

In backend, i've set:

- use browser language to set the default language

- use browser language to set default country

- use IP geolocalization

- install a module to delete the id product and category form url

I tried:

-disabled all modules except the currency block

- change theme, use different browser (opera, safari, chrome, explore, firefox) also in anonymous

- disabled every localization feature

- refresh, purge and disable cache

But nothing change, always the same problem.

Are you using a custom theme?

Hi, bellini 13
i've bought the theme on themeforest and i install the child theme with a few change.

In plus, i've edit some core file of prestashop.
- i changed the tiny editor in admin, for use javascript on cms editor
- a core file for import, there was a bug for the import of image

And i've edit some tpl files of modules and theme.

I already wrote to the theme customer service and i'am waiting they answer. 

I've the same problem in other installation of prestashop with the same theme and no modification to the files core of prestashop.

so potentially the theme is the issue.  If you use Chrome, and press the F12 key, you will see the javascript Console.  Open the console, navigate to your website, and try to change the currency, and confirm if any javascript errors appear in the console.

so potentially the theme is the issue.  If you use Chrome, and press the F12 key, you will see the javascript Console.  Open the console, navigate to your website, and try to change the currency, and confirm if any javascript errors appear in the console.

Hi bellini13,

Thanks for assistance, I had seen the console java in chrome days before, but i always thought that not was an error.
Today the theme assistance have written me about the error and then they solve it. After that i ask them what is the problem and post here the code. 

The only thing i know of problem is in a module, but i don't know where. I think in Block Currency.

The problem is not the module, but other. I tried to install another block currency module and i've the same problem

Thanks again
Edited by Davide Gp (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

The Custom service of theme have some trouble. 

They make test and change, but don't they try it,  ask me all time to check and this is a waste of time.

So, meanwhite they thinking, i ask you one more help.

How can i solve this problem?

Help me, please.

case needs verification, at the momen it is hard to say if it is core problem, or modules / theme problem.

by default - in default-bootstrap theme everything is okay with block currencies

share url please

No, also with default theme i've the same problem with currency.

LINK: http://www.gpracingapparels.com/it/ 

Now, on test area i try to update prestashop from. 1.6.0.11 to 1.6.1.1.

Thanks

Update:

Half solve, after update the currency working, but backend it's strange. I not sure to upgrade the official site. How can solve now the problem?

Hi Guy,

At the end the problem was not resolved.

The guys of the theme have messed up my onlineshop with their tests. So, i had reload a backup of day before.

For now, the only way to solve this problem is upgrade the version of Prestashop to 1.6.1.11. I think i do it one of this day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having this problem too, only in Chrome by the looks of things.

User selects currency in the top right of the page, screen refreshes, but currency doesn't change.

Is there no fix for this? This is concerning considering Chrome is by far the most popular browser for our customers!

try this, back office-->localization-->localization

set to 'No' Set default country from browser language

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hellooo.. 

thank you for referring to that solution.. I tried and it didnt work.. :(

but i tried the localization settings and it is back to normal now.. :) thanks for helping

try this, back office-->localization-->localization

set to 'No' Set default country from browser language

• 1 month later...

I think I found a turnaround.

Browsing into the forums i found a post, I don't remember where, where the person asking for help on the same currency block not changing the currencies on frontend, did not work.

I tried all of the previous solutions: enabling and then disabling currency and language based on browser's language, uninstalled, reinstalled and reset the currency module, manually cleaned up the cache, changed my browser and checked on another computer... nothing.

Then I remember I once saw something cookies in the config.inc.php file in the config folder of prestashop.

I commented the line of the currency cookies:

if (defined('APS')) {
    $cookie->id_currency = Configuration::get('PS_CURRENCY_DEFAULT');

And now the currency block changes the corrency.

It is probably not the best way to achieve this so I contacted my theme's developper in order to check what was wrong.

anyway, I hope this can help someone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys ...simple solution and it will definately work...

Just go to localisation-countries-choose your default country and access it 

There you just have to ensure that the currency option is selected as default currency and not USD or INR or any other ...

If you want to have each country a different currency option you can set that too ....by accessing too but base country if suppose is USA then in USA the default currency should be --default store currency and not USD even though the drop down shows that..

front end automatically will start responding..

No need to change any code or work hard 

For more simple solutions do keep asking me

Vineet

Business Head

Iambridal.com

Edited by Vineet Girdhar (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hello I have a similar question on how to make the currency change in any language when customers choose their language? put me currencies but entered the product and change the language and the currency is not changed by this charge of the country! please if you can help !!!

• 4 months later...