Creating Test Site

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create a test website, and I almost succeded following this guide. So I backed up the db and the files, and moved them according to the guide on a new server. However, although the database looks connected (altering the settings in setting.inc.php result into a db error), connecting to the store (www.daldoss.eu/tempshop) result into a routing error: too many redirects.

I positively followed the guide, inserting the urls into the db (ps_shop_url), and I can verify it's ok since I can access the files on the server (http://www.daldoss.eu/tempshop/robots.txt is there). 

What am I missing?

I uploaded prestashop 1.5.6 (I need this version for compatibility issues) on linux aruba server in Italy.

Thanks everyone in advance for your time and help,

M.

post-1077009-0-27828700-1439987347_thumb.png

post-1077009-0-46994000-1439987348_thumb.png

I managed to get the website going: htaccess file was necessary, I had to change the reference to the old site to the new one (simply ctrl+f is enough). I also had to put the site in the root directory, same as the original site (something has to be set in the files imho).

But I still can't connect to the admin page, which remains blank. Even enabling the error in the corresponding php file doesn't provide any information.

Any help?

I searched the forum multiple times, but no results. I enabled the error search but nothing pops up: no text, anything.

I can get to the admin folder (i can load a simple text file in the address) but no luck loading anything. The front office is fine (it shows the maintenance mode page correctly customized with our logo), but since I cannot connect to the back office, I can't change anything.

Any idea? I'm really stuck right now, I could use some help. In attachment, the output of the chrome console request.

Thank you again for your time.

M.

post-1077009-0-35993600-1440065391_thumb.png

Solution found: I'm an ass, and filezilla didn't help me.

Uploading the code into the new server made the admin folder full of empty files. So no errors, since no code were executed.

So joint fault by me (not checking) and filezilla (not working). Anyway, not so much life in this forum, ah?

M.