1 click upgrade issues

I upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14 using the 1click upgrade now all I get is a 500 error.  so I tried to rollback to the other version and I get this message.

Restoring files ...[Ajax / Server Error for action restoreFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

This is extremely tough on my business can someone help?

I don't understand what it meant by using ftp to upload a copy to

The directory /admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/

Does that mean create 

The directory /admin/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop/

on my root directory?

i think it is time for you to hire a professional.  if you do not understand these terms, then you may not have the experience needed to perform this upgrade.

I guess I need to be more clear?

I Know what FTP is.  I am asking does it want the downloaded copy of 1.0.6.0.9 loaded to the a directory that I create?  and if so do I put it in the home or in the public? 

Yes i am very new to this, I would like to learn.

Edited by Med_Todd (see edit history)

If you are getting the PrestaShop "500 error" after updating to 1.0.6.14 or if you get: .[Ajax / Server Error for action restoreFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

The fix is extremely easy.  Everyone on the net says to upload the version you updated from to fix the issue.  Try this first, just go to Preferences>Themes and check to see if your Theme is still active.  If not, just select your theme and the issue is fixed.

• Like 1