Force Desktop version on tablets and smartphones

Hi,

I have a problem with the Prestashop site on smartphones, and probably tablets. I am using a responsive theme and it seems that a mobile theme is showing on smartphones. The page design is different. If I go to settings in the mobile browser and choose to show the desktop version, the webpage is showing the correct responsive theme.

Note that the page will show up correctly if you view it in a breakpoint tester or downsized browser window on a desktop. 

I have made sure that the themes for smartphones and tablets are disabled in preferences -> theme configuration.

I have also checked if there are settings for responsiveness in my theme. I could not find any. To make sure it wasn't related to the theme, I used the default PS theme as well. Same thing happened.

To view the problem, go to http://www.sportonline.no/sportonlinetest/ on a smartphone. You will find the homepage almost empty. If you browse to a product, there will be error messages.

If you change your mobile browser settings to 'Display desktop version', you will see the page as it should look. (These settings are probably found at the three vertical dots next to the url.)

How can I force Prestashop to show the actual activated theme, and not what I suspect is the mobile version?

Prestashop version: 1.6.0.14

Theme: Warehouse

Edited by Escens (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...