database backup issue on 1 click upgrade

that table can get very large.  it may just take a long time to back it up.  your best option might be to truncate the 3 connection tables in the database before trying to upgrade

i did delete connections yesterday and optimization.and i  upgraded my prestashop,thank you

• 1 year later...

I need to bring this thread back to life sadly.

I too am having a problem with the autobackup of the connections table.  It has been saying table has been saved but the number is not counting down for over an hour.  I am just wanting to make sure of what I have read, here and in other posts.

The best way to get around this problem is to truncate this file (I assume this means cut down it's size. Not 100% sure how that works.) or delete it all together.

What is lost if you delete this file? Where do you delete this file from? I have made a FTP backup of the server.  I have not backed up any databases as I could not figure out where to do this.  A stickied post here refers to a cpanel that seems to be nonexistent in our version.

I am upgrading from 1.5.6 (I think) to current. The best part is I now have no idea how to cancel or stop what it is doing as there are no controls for cancel or anything. 

Gonna be a hit with the boss.

-New guy on the job about to get fired

EDIT: I did find the database backup utility on my version but it crashes every time. Yes the store is in maintenance. 

Edited by Zedster (see edit history)