Tax rules based on postal code

Hi community,

I have some problems applying tax rules based on postal code.

In Greece VAT standard rate is 23%.

There are some areas that have reduced rate to 16% and this is based on postal code of the invoice address.

So I leaved the built in standard rate (GR Standard Rate (23%)) as is and add some extra rules to reflect the reduced rate. The reduced rate should be applied for the following postal codes:

• 81100 - ​84800
  • 37002 - 37003

Problem is that even if a customer use an address that should have reduced VAT rate prestashop still applies only the standard rate.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I would use states. You can create fake Greece "states", like Mainland (for 23%), AB county (81100 - ​84800), AC county (34007) and so on

Then create a tax rule where 23% will be for "mainland", 16% for AB, 16% for AC .... It is similar like for Canada states with the difference that your "states" are counties or areas.

I would use states. You can create fake Greece "states", like Mainland (for 23%), AB county (81100 - ​84800), AC county (34007) and so on

Then create a tax rule where 23% will be for "mainland", 16% for AB, 16% for AC .... It is similar like for Canada states with the difference that your "states" are counties or areas.

This seems to work. I just have to add Greek "states" (which is more like prefectures actually). Even though I would like prestashop have the ability to calculate these bloody taxes based only in postal codes.

Anyway, thank you guys.