Dear All,

I have a PrestaShop running version 1.5.4.1 and I cannot translate the e-mail templates using the Back Office Admin interface.

I updated several other translations but there is following problem:

Above the module name for translation, i.e. blocknewsletter, is the following path: modules/name_of_module/mails/br/ but when I make any change and try to apply there is following error message: the folder themes/default/mail/br/ does not exist.

The mail folder does not exist as default but I did copy the root mail folder to the themes/default folder. The error message with the path does not appear anymore, but nothing changes when I press the Apply button. I also changed the files permission in both folders named mail: root and in the themes/default.

Would you mind finding a solution for this issue?

BRgds

Edited by paramilitar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi! I had the same problem and I tried exactly the same solution as paramilitar and getting the same result.

Since i'm just starting, I installed PS on my computer, and I think it may be your situation too.

You should check that you have actually changed the folders' permissions, since my Windows XP keeps the 'read only' checked after I change it. There are two ways to solve it:

1- Follow the steps here: http://windowsitpro....ows-2000-folder

2- the easy, fast and not-so-elegant solution :ph34r: : set your folders as 'shared' in a LAN, cheking the write/modify permission. It worked for me!

EDIT: Now I see that not all mail templates are stored in these folders. The ones from mail alerts i.e., should be in modules/mailalert/mails/yourlanguage <_<

If someone else comes up with a better idea, please, share with us!

Edited by laurix (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I am on PS 1.5.4.1. And that's what i've done:

I've copied the mail folder from root to mytheme ---> The core mails template now will be editable from the back office translation for mytheme

For the modules that uses mail templating ( as mailalerts) copy the folder mails from the module into your theme's module folder ----> The module mail template changes from the back office translation pane, now will be saved.

Edited by egomezpe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...