Limited tinyMCE options in CMS page content

TheRedFeathers

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I'm wondering why the tinyMCE editor in CMS pages is limited to only 2 lines of options (see attachment), rather than the 4 lines in the product editors.

I'm specifically trying to add the selectformat option so my client can add headings without having to open the html editor.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to add this feature it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-187042-0-49234000-1349864571_thumb.jpg

Hi ThunderCat ;)

For version 1.5

A javavascript function is called to init TinyMCE , you can see it in embeded javascript in product editing page.

The init function is named tinySetup().

In CMS page, the configuration settings given to tinySetup display a lighter tinyMce editor.

Cheers

Edited by math_php (see edit history)

So how do you make the tinymce editor show with full advanced lines of options/buttons?

I always want the editor to show all the lines since my standard doesn't even show the font size and it is a hassle to edit the html directly. For some reason I can't see the large thumbnail from the OP but looks like the same for him/her.

Same goes for the home page editor module which also only has 2 lines of buttons.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. oh and Duh!, can't figure out how to attach a thumbnail here. Can't see an attachment option.

Hi DbMan

So how do you make the tinymce editor show with full advanced lines of options/buttons?

You can set your own configuration with such call :

tinySetup({
   editor_selector :"autoload_rte",
   theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull|cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,undo,redo",
   theme_advanced_buttons2 : "link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,code,|,forecolor,backcolor,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,charmap,media,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
   theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
   theme_advanced_buttons4 : ""
  });

The code above show you a tinySetup() call for a limited options tinyMce

If you want more options go for tinyMce documentation and look at product editing where the configuration has more options.

P.S. oh and Duh!, can't figure out how to attach a thumbnail here. Can't see an attachment option.

For this one, before posting click on 'More Reply Options' and lights and magic will appear ;)

Cheers

• Like 2

Thanks on both counts.

Problem is my js/tinymce.inc.js file already has the advanced settings for buttons3 and buttons4:

default_config = {
 mode : "specific_textareas",
 theme : "advanced",
 skin:"cirkuit",
 editor_selector : "rte",
 editor_deselector : "noEditor",
 plugins : "safari,pagebreak,style,table,advimage,advlink,inlinepopups,media,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,xhtmlxtras,preview",
 // Theme options
 theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
 theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,,|,forecolor,backcolor",
 theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,media,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
 theme_advanced_buttons4 : "styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,pagebreak",
 theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
 theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
 theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
 theme_advanced_resizing : true,
 content_css : pathCSS+"global.css",
 document_base_url : ad,
 width: "600",
 height: "auto",
 font_size_style_values : "8pt, 10pt, 12pt, 14pt, 18pt, 24pt, 36pt",
 elements : "nourlconvert,ajaxfilemanager",
 file_browser_callback : "ajaxfilemanager",
 entity_encoding: "raw",
 convert_urls : false,
 language : iso
}

Additionally the font and font size don't show and those are in your noted (and my) basic setup (see thumbnail) but I also note that the buttons shown don't match even the two rows currently shown in the editor. I know some time back a bug was reported about this but the response was similar in that it wasn't a bug but now I wonder though you would think there would be more postings about it.

I'll continue to try and take a look since it is such a time saver but any advice appreciated.

post-410228-0-62085000-1349975102_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You are the man/woman! I would never have found that file, who would have thought.

Helloooo WYSIWYG!

Mark my issue as solved.

You're welcome :)

I still don't understand why the editor for CMS pages has been crippled in functionality in PS 1.5, especially since this is not the case in PS 1.4. Perhaps the prestateam will restore this in a future release but at least this solution works for PS 1.5.0.17 and 1.5.1 users.

• 4 weeks later...
You're welcome :) I still don't understand why the editor for CMS pages has been crippled in functionality in PS 1.5, especially since this is not the case in PS 1.4. Perhaps the prestateam will restore this in a future release but at least this solution works for PS 1.5.0.17 and 1.5.1 users.

I think so like your feeling. When I add a new CMS page and go to CMS Categories separator_breadcrumb.png Edit, I can not edit "Page Content" because I don't find the form like this image : ADD_CMS%2520page.jpg

Help please!

• 1 month later...

I just figured out how to get the complete feature set back again in the editor for CMS pages in PS 1.5.

Go to admin\themes\default\template\helpers\form\form.tpl and replace the segment below:

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull|cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,undo,redo",
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,code,|,forecolor,backcolor,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,charmap,media,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",

with this:

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
  theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,,|,forecolor,backcolor",
  theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,media,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
  theme_advanced_buttons4 : "styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,pagebreak",

Seems to work just fine :)

Do make sure that you edit the correct file: there are multiple form.tpl files in the admin (sub)folders.

AJKV great solution but it needs to be done either using any FTP client of direct access to cpanel search for requested file and then make edits great solution excellent

Edited by lovemyseo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why not overriding the CMS form.tpl?

What I have done:

in override\controllers\admin\templates\cms\helpers\form\, add form.tpl with the following content:

{extends file="controllers/cms/helpers/form/form.tpl"}
{block name="autoload_tinyMCE"}
 tinySetup({
  editor_selector :"autoload_rte",
  theme_advanced_buttons4 : "styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,pagebreak"
});
{/block}

It looks like it's working well.

Does anyone try this solution?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an update to this thread where in PS 1.5.4 it has changed to the file in

.../js/tinymce.inc.js

all you have to do is remove the

//
on button3 and button4 that has all the buttons name (on line 16 and 17)

then add the

//
to the empty button3 and button4 (on line 18 and 19) just like below

theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,,|,forecolor,backcolor, media, fullscreen",
 theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,|,ltr,rtl,|",
 //theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
 //theme_advanced_buttons4 : "",

• Like 1

I just figured out how to get the complete feature set back again in the editor for CMS pages in PS 1.5.

Go to admin\themes\default\template\helpers\form\form.tpl and replace the segment below:

with this:

Seems to work just fine :)

Do make sure that you edit the correct file: there are multiple form.tpl files in the admin (sub)folders.

Thank you !! :)

I don't understand why prestashop doesn't include this in the CMS page editor to begin with ;)

Why not overriding the CMS form.tpl? What I have done: in override\controllers\admin\templates\cms\helpers\form\, add form.tpl with the following content:
 {extends file="controllers/cms/helpers/form/form.tpl"} {block name="autoload_tinyMCE"} tinySetup({ editor_selector :"autoload_rte", theme_advanced_buttons1 : "newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect", theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,,|,forecolor,backcolor", theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,media,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen", theme_advanced_buttons4 : "styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,pagebreak" }); {/block} 

It looks like it's working well. Does anyone try this solution?

Thank you!! It work fine in PS 1.5.4.

• 2 months later...

This is an update to this thread where in PS 1.5.4 it has changed to the file in

.../js/tinymce.inc.js

all you have to do is remove the on button3 and button4 that has all the buttons name (on line 16 and 17)

then add the to the empty button3 and button4 (on line 18 and 19) just like below

theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,,|,forecolor,backcolor, media, fullscreen",
 theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,|,ltr,rtl,|",

THANK YOU !!! This works very well !!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've done changes in both tinymce.inc.js and form.tpl files and got the extra toolbar lines shown (in Products -> short description) but I'm still not able to save the product with javascript in short description. I'm trying to get there a javascript popup link.

Any ideas what to try next?

I want to have a javascript popup link in the short description. So that one has an opportunity for sort of a quick view of products when on product list page. There in the new window will be a 360 degree product shot and some details, so I don't even need to worry about getting that 3D view to product page. Hope this makes some sense  :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vekia's tutorial for using full tinyMCE for CMS editor worked like a charm for me. I copied the form.tpl from admin/themes/default/template/helpers/form to /override/controllers/admin/templates/cms/helpers/form and then in the override copy, I edited the form.tpl as per Vekia's instructions.

Even though I am running PS 1.5.6.0, I did not have to change the Validate.php. My code in this file is not the same as in Vekia's tutorial, so I am assuming that this has been fixed during an upgrade (?), or something else. I have a [\s) in my code and not a [ \t\n].

It seems to work now as expected.

Thank you, Vekia.

Edited by JohnADK (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

thank you for kind words, 

my tip related to validate was there because of problems in several shops with this function.

The weirdest thing is fact that sometimes it works well without modification, like in your store :)

Worked perfect with product and cms pages editor what about categories page they have no editor at all in PS 1.5.4?

it;s because of prestashop 1.5.4 - i know that it will be sound strange... but 1.5.4 doesnt support tinymce editor for category desc

in this case it's necessary to modify admin category contoller + template file

Ok so any guideline to that ? Also we can not add manufacturer tab on product detail page like we could have in rpestashop 1.4.9?

Ok so any guideline to that ? Also we can not add manufacturer tab on product detail page like we could have in rpestashop 1.4.9?

controllers/admin/AdminCategoriesController.php

change

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'label' => $this->l('Description:'),
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                    'hint' => $this->l('Invalid characters:').' <>;=#{}'
                ),  

to:

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'autoload_rte' => true,
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),
  • Like 1

change

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),  

to:

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'autoload_rte' => true,
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),

WIll this work on PS 1.5.4 as well?

.../js/tinymce.inc.js

all you have to do is remove the on button3 and button4 that has all the buttons name (on line 16 and 17)

then add the to the empty button3 and button4 (on line 18 and 19) just like below

Did this but button did not appear either on categories or manufacturer page

change

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),  

to:

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'autoload_rte' => true,
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),

Hi Vekia you are seriously a prestashop legand (y) thums up for you now I have all editor options in PS 1.5.4

1. For product done

2. For CMS pages done

3. For cat3gories Done

4. For Manufacturer Done

Mark this thread as solved big time

• 3 months later...

change

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),  

to:

array(
                    'type' => 'textarea',
                    'name' => 'description',
                    'autoload_rte' => true,
                    'lang' => true,
                    'rows' => 10,
                    'cols' => 100,
                ),

same thigns discussed above are not working on prestashop 1.5.6.2? any ideas ?

Something strange happned here, I am able to display advance editor for catagories, cms and manufacturer page but there is no edit options at all at product page.Upgraded from PS 1.4.9 to 1.5.6.2 no editing option at all for product detail page

post-411458-0-09657000-1403962473_thumb.jpg

where you want to use this code?

im asking because version 1.5.6.2 uses this code already. it's there by default.

I just added a reply to post I am able to display options on all pages but there is no editing options at all at product detail page, could you please tell me what can be the issue?

where you want to use this code?

im asking because version 1.5.6.2 uses this code already. it's there by default.

Also you mentioned something about version 1.5.6+ has got additional param: $allow_iframe = false in function! don't forget about it! in your post where I can find these codes where I can find the codes?

hello

let's clarify what you already did.

you upgraded from 1.4.9 to 1.5 and editor disappeared, right?

so you even don't used guide

Yes  Vekia the [spam-filter] you are right , but stil I tried to implement method you mentioned earlier and able to display all buttons on all other places 

• 3 weeks later...

okay, so, if you don't see editor there, you will not see even after changes you will make (based on tutorial)

unfortunately, it's necessary to fix your problem first

I got it right now I foudn your tutorial for 

http://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/prestashop-product-page-full-rich-editor.html

PS 1.5.6.2 

Could you please explain these steps

version 1.5.6+ has got additional param: $allow_iframe = false in function! don't forget about it!

in which file these functions will change ?

I can see extended version now

.../js/tinymce.inc.js

Nice worked on 1.5.6.2 as well

• 6 months later...

okay, so, if you don't see editor there, you will not see even after changes you will make (based on tutorial)

unfortunately, it's necessary to fix your problem first

I dont see see TInymMCE options in prestashop 1.0.6.11 when we create new category in CMS section there is only plan simple box for description.

with this:

Seems to work just fine smile.png

I dont see above code in PS 1.6.11 admin form.tpl ? any reason why?