Geolocation to show the currency as per the visitors country

Jennym

When a visitor from USA visits a website so he should see the product's pricing in USD, when a visitor from India visits a website so he should see the product's pricing in INR (Rs.).

I just want to see this feature in my prestashop 1.4.7.0 and using prestashop_new theme.

Please help.

• 6 months later...

When a visitor from USA visits a website so he should see the product's pricing in USD, when a visitor from India visits a website so he should see the product's pricing in INR (Rs.).

I just want to see this feature in my prestashop 1..5 and using prestashop_new theme.

Please help.

• 3 months later...

found a solution!

install Geolocation.

Go to countries under localisation and set the default currency for each country.

Then first time they'll visit, they will be shown the default currency chosen here.

HOWEVER im experiencing an issue with prestashop 'currency block' and home featured.

Currency block shows the defeault currency sign EVEN though you can drop it down and see that it has chosen the one we set earlier.

The home featured still shows the price of the original set default, and seems to have something to do with the Currency block!

Please help here!

• 4 months later...

found a solution!

install Geolocation.

Go to countries under localisation and set the default currency for each country.

Then first time they'll visit, they will be shown the default currency chosen here.

HOWEVER im experiencing an issue with prestashop 'currency block' and home featured.

Currency block shows the defeault currency sign EVEN though you can drop it down and see that it has chosen the one we set earlier.

The home featured still shows the price of the original set default, and seems to have something to do with the Currency block!

Please help here!

How did you get on with this?  I was testing and having the same issue.  I found your post.  Then I wanted to show my partner and it then showed the correct currency  I set up for Spain, (using a Spain IP to test with)....

ave maria

found a solution!

install Geolocation.

Please help here!

How did you get on with this?  I was testing and having the same issue.  I found your post.  Then I wanted to show my partner and it then showed the correct currency  I set up for Spain, (using a Spain IP to test with)....

ave maria

I join with the same problem, I have dollar by default and I'm testing with euro. The first visit the page using ie InPrivate (no cookie) I see dollar, but after click or refresh the page change to euro, also if I add a product to a cart the page also change to euro. So the geolocation is working fine, but late.

Did you solve the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

please review the forge  bug report add comments as necessary and vote it up!

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10328

A fix has been issued on github.  I won't have time to test this until later so if anyone else wants to give it a try here it is

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/4e1d6de9b03e771758f804ba38145e10bbec9eea

• 3 years later...

V.1.6.1.

Hi all,

I have set following default currencies from Localization >> Countries >> edit

- Switzerland : Franc

- Germany : Euro 

In addition I have disabled followings from Localization:

- set language from browser 

- set default country from browser language

and set followings as well :

- Default country : Switzerland 

- Default currency : Frnac

Finally I have enabled following from Preferences :

- Geolocation by IP address

Apparently Geo location is not working properly. since when I'm trying to reach my shop from Switzerland, currency shows up in Euro while it must be Franc!

Any one else has the same problem?

V.1.6.1.

Hi all,

I have set following default currencies from Localization >> Countries >> edit

- Switzerland : Franc

- Germany : Euro 

In addition I have disabled followings from Localization:

- set language from browser 

- set default country from browser language

and set followings as well :

- Default country : Switzerland 

- Default currency : Frnac

Finally I have enabled following from Preferences :

- Geolocation by IP address

Apparently Geo location is not working properly. since when I'm trying to reach my shop from Switzerland, currency shows up in Euro while it must be Franc!

Any one else has the same problem?

did you open window in incognito?  ps will remember visitor currency/language in cookie and  will not change them automatically if already set.  Also note: native geo location uses geolitecity.dat which is 'best case' 85% accurate.  If visitor with non resolvable IP enters your shop then they will be 'disallowed' to shop.   You should consider paid solution like

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/international-localization/27368-geo-targeting-pro-by-country-prices-taxes-currency-.html

this  module allows you to set a default country for non-resolved IP's, supports to commercial maxmin db's to get nearly 100% resolve rate and has built in IP or Country simulator.

happy selling, el

• Like 1

did you open window in incognito?  ps will remember visitor currency/language in cookie and  will not change them automatically if already set.  Also note: native geo location uses geolitecity.dat which is 'best case' 85% accurate.  If visitor with non resolvable IP enters your shop then they will be 'disallowed' to shop.   You should consider paid solution like

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/international-localization/27368-geo-targeting-pro-by-country-prices-taxes-currency-.html

this  module allows you to set a default country for non-resolved IP's, supports to commercial maxmin db's to get nearly 100% resolve rate and has built in IP or Country simulator.

happy selling, el

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes I opened the window in incognito and I am fully aware of the fact that how it can behave unexpectedly  by functionality of cookie. The only thing would be that the IP from Switzerland is not resolvable.

However, language and currency selection based on the browser default language works well and I may cope with that.

• 7 months later...
On 7/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, s.t.mono said:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes I opened the window in incognito and I am fully aware of the fact that how it can behave unexpectedly  by functionality of cookie. The only thing would be that the IP from Switzerland is not resolvable.

However, language and currency selection based on the browser default language works well and I may cope with that.

Update, re poor resolve with native geo location my Geo Targeting Pro module now supports to MaxMind commercial db's with up to 99.98% resolve rate.  also module includes resolve rate percentage' geo insights tab'.

The days of geolitecity.dat poor resolve rate is solved!  also note geolitecity.dat is being dropped by MaxMind.

Anyone using native geolocation must understand that non-resolved IP's are not allowed to shop!  My module allows you to set default country for non-resolved IP's when that  country is not on restriction list...as well as built in ip/country simulator making testing by country 'a snap!'.