Shipping cost only correct when logged in

Hi

When a customer adds a product to the shopping cart, the system tells the price of the product and shows the shipping cost. Problem is, if the customer is not logged in, the shipping cost shown will be the one for our default country, not the one of the customer. The difference in price can be ten-fold once the customer logs in, and will most likely be seen as a "bait-and-switch" tactic by the customer...

Is there any way to sort this out? I know I can hide the shipping cost until they log in, but that is not what I want to do.

Also: I can use the "geolocation" to make sure that people from certain countries are not allowed to enter the store, could this also be used to make sure that people are shown the correct shipping cost regardless if they are logged in or not?

Happy for all the help I can get

Cheers

Hi,

@phrasespot

Yes, you're right, next time I'll make sure to post it five times.

No, next time you will create only one topic as suggested, else we would have to ban you from the forum for spam.

Rules are there to make the use of this forum more pleasant for anybody.

Thanks.

• Like 2

@ Patric Codron

My apologies. I forgot how easy it is for sarcasm to be overlooked when written. Of course I realise that you only make one post. I have no idea why this topic was posted four times in the first place, I guess some connection error when pressing "post". I think that should be fairly obvious to everyone since the posts were identical and posted with only a few seconds in between, hence my sarcastic reply to phrasespots very rude welcoming to the forum.

Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for keeping the forums spam-free.

• Like 2

@ Patric Codron

My apologies. I forgot how easy it is for sarcasm to be overlooked when written. Of course I realise that you only make one post. I have no idea why this topic was posted four times in the first place, I guess some connection error when pressing "post". I think that should be fairly obvious to everyone since the posts were identical and posted with only a few seconds in between, hence my sarcastic reply to phrasespots very rude welcoming to the forum.

Sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for keeping the forums spam-free.

No problem Teed. Sorry if the multi post was not intentional. This is sometimes difficult to know people's intentions.

I would suggest you to use smileys to allow people to make the difference between humour and mocking remarks. ;)

Regards.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem, I have been through so many forum pages about this. Do you think this is a bug or are we just setting it up wrong. I am new to all of this so can anyone help? Thanks in advance, johnney

if the customer does not log in, and you do not know where (country, state, zip) they are located, how could shipping possibly be even close to right?

I'll explain better -

A customer comes to the shop without logging in

They browse and, still without logging in, they click buy on an item

It shows in their shopping cart ( the Blockcart module) and, if “Estimate your shipping & taxes” is enabled, it will be displayed.

In both of these modules it will display the cost of shipping, normally for the default country, but it does not specify which country

If they select a different country from the DropDown in the “Estimate your shipping & taxes” then the price stays the same, it shows the wrong shipping price for the selected country.

If they log in and provide a delivery address then the correct price is shown.

I have tried a fresh install and just given 2 zones the the default 'My Carrier' and it still gives the wrong information. Disabling the “Estimate your shipping & taxes" still leaves the wrong information in the small BlockShipping module shopping cart. I used a programmer who masked this piece but he could not be sure that problens would not appear elsewhere.

Sorry for sounding so frustrated but I have been at this simple problem for nearly 2 weeks

www.clearset.net

(you can do anything you like with the shop, no more work will be done with it until this problem is solved)

I installed PS about 4 weeks ago, I think Goelocation was the only extra as this was not in the instalation package. Since then I have uninstalled ans reinstalled some modules, the shipping estimation module being one, I have disabled a few items like 'stores module'. I have 10 zones which I believe are setup correctly. Shipping is by weight, I have setup a carrier but also setup the standard 'My Carrier' to help find where I am getting my problems are coming from. All carriers have prices given to their weights for each zone, everything works fine once the customer loggs in and gives a shipping address but not if they are just browsing and clicks on 'add to basket', this will only give them the shipping cost to the 'default country' as set in the BO. If they select a different country in the dropdown then the shipping price stays the same. The same shipping price is given in the 'Shipping Estimation v1.1' and in the small Cart block in the corner of the screen (cant remember it's title). I can disable both of these modules but there is no cart shown on the frontpage so the customer doesn't know what is in the cart.

I think at this stage all I can do is try a fresh install and start again but not knowing what is wrong means it could happen again. Quite a few other people seem to be having similar problems so I was hoping for a solution.

Thanks for your interest

I have similar problem. I am using 1.4.7, I have set free shipping for all zones. Before login when a customer clicks add to cart, there's additional $5 shipping cost in the cart, If the customer is logged in this $5 shipping cost disappears.This is misleading the customers because my items are worldwide free shipping and when they get this $5 before login, they would believe that even after login this will be inclusive. Any idea please?

I have set all prices in the shipping tab of the back office to $0.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a sample solution for people, who delivers to 1 or more countries with same carrier but same prices and would like to display shipping cost without login: (for 1.4.6)

I think it doesn't make sense to have different shipping prices for different countries and want to display it before login. It makes only sense if your shipping cost (base don weight) is the same for different delivery destination

===========================================================================

1) deliver a new zone (*): Back End > shipping > zone > Add new

2) select your countries to this zone Back End > shipping > countries> edit country zone (define your default country the same as in this zone')

3) define your carrier: Back End > shipping > carriers > add new and edit its configuration to assign it to the new zone which you have created

4) define weight ranges for this carrier: Back End > shipping > Weight Ranges

5) define the prices for different ranges:Back End > shipping > (at the end select carrier and define prices)

Now if the user is not logged in, then you send a product to the cart, you will see the shipping cost

___BUT__ if you login as a user with a home address (country) not the same as in your zone (*) (this is possible if the user sitting in another country and want order to the country which is in your zone) then the shipping cost becomes zero. Unfortunately there is modification in Cart.php necessary

in classes/Cart.php search for routine

function getOrderShippingCost($id_carrier = NULL, $useTax = true)..

you should comment out following code:

// Get id zone

/*

if (isset($this->id_address_delivery)

AND $this->id_address_delivery

AND Customer::customerHasAddress($this->id_customer, $this->id_address_delivery))

$id_zone = Address::getZoneById((int)($this->id_address_delivery));

else

*/

So default country will not be changed and shipping cost will be still valid.

Hope it helps.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I really really solved this issue this time..lol  I know it's old but it's time for an update.

We solved the integration of international shipping visitor localization for logged and non-logged visitors.  

Really you have to see it to believe it, it's incredible.

Totally solves issue of wrong carriers/costs for your international visitors logged in or non-logged in.

Please visit the back office demo and front office demonstration.

PrestaShop International Shipping Carrier Localization Pro

This solves all your carrier localization issues.  

• 2 months later...

I really really solved this issue this time..lol  I know it's old but it's time for an update.

We solved the integration of international shipping visitor localization for logged and non-logged visitors.  

Really you have to see it to believe it, it's incredible.

Totally solves issue of wrong carriers/costs for your international visitors logged in or non-logged in.

Please visit the back office demo and front office demonstration.

PrestaShop International Shipping Carrier Localization Pro

This solves all your carrier localization issues.  

Is it only for countries or does it work for states too? (when the shipping price is different per state, only ship to one country but the states are grouped into different zones)

• 1 year later...

We solved non-logged / logged shipping localization.  PrestaHeroes Shipping/Visitor Localization Commander.  I have pretty much perfected the art of geo location within PrestaShop but not for shipping.  Check out this work on our shop HERE.

Shipping Commander is the ultimate solution for both non-logged and logged visitor shipping.

We took our extensive knowledge of PrestaShop and Localization and created THE 'best in class' Shipping Commander. There is no other shipping solution for 'any' ecommece on the planet. Please see front and back office demos and see amazing.

The Shipping Commander Module takes care of:

• Non-logged visitors being shown the shop's default country shipping.
  • Logged in customer can only view shipping options of their selected delivery country.
  • Other shipping options are not visible until sign in and final checkout.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...