ad text to translations, but not save

Frens

Hello,

I have next problems

I go to module translations, I fill in any of the translations I would need to add, click Apply, I get message "Succesful", but the translations are not saved.

I control the write permissions etc....

I read a lot off this problem , but nothing help

The problem only by the modules translations

Thanks for comment

• 1 month later...

1) Create a file php.ini with this content:

register_globals = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off

-And upload it to your root web directory (same folder that has your admin, theme, config etc. folders)

2) In admin perspective: Tools -> Generators, insert this and generate a new .htaccess file:

php_value post_max_size "32M"
php_value max_input_vars 5000

3) Create another new file phpcheck.php with this content:

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>

And also upload to your root directory.

4) Now go to your site (www.mysite.com/phpcheck.php) and verify all of the above changes is in effect.

5) Create a new file AdminTranslations.php and copy all of the contens from here: http://svn.prestasho...ranslations.php

6) Create a backup of AdminTranslations.php by rename your current AdminTranslations.php in root/admindirectory/tabs/ to AdminTranslations.php.bak

7) Upload the file AdminTranslations.php you created in Step 5, to the root/admindirectory/tabs/ directory.

Try translating now. This worked for me.

php files.zip

Edited by FPDK (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did not work for me. Any ideas? I did everything as explained and checked that the changes were in effect, which they were.

Try this:

Make a php.ini file, and place it at the root/ folder on your server as described in number 1, but place the following files in it:

register_globals = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
post_max_size = 32M
max_input_vars = 6000

And skip the .htaccess file.

And follow ALL the other steps in the post above!

(You can also try higher number in max_input_vars - it depends on how many $POST variables you have in your modules translations..

This worked for me..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ciao, I've tried to do the modify, but the result is this (PS 1.4.6.2):

Lingua : IT - Translations of installed modules</h2>

Numero di espressioni : Clicca sul titolo fieldset per vedere le traduzioni.

Warning, your hosting provider limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form:

1000 for max_input_vars

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the post and request limit to 1132 almeno o modifica il file di traduzione manualmente.

Some ideas??

Thank you

Edited by camillo (see edit history)

Following my post, unanswered from anybody (thank you), I resolved the problem for the translations.

My PS is 1.4.6.2 version, and looking around and trying and trying, I can say that all problems come from the php.ini version installed on the host.

My host ARUBA have 2 php.ini: the 5.3.x.x and 5.2.x.x. Before I've used the 5.3.x.x version and I've many trouble with the translations; changing version to 5.2.x.x I've no problems with translations, without to made any change or add file in to my PS root folder.

bye

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm now suddenly experiencing the same issue, enabling debugger does not show any error. I just get the green success message but nothing is saved.

edit: I had to increase my max_input_Vars even more - try this before anything else

edit2: nah, it's still crappy: I tried adding one field - it works. Then I try 2 fields and THE FIRST FIELD IS EMPTY AGAIN

edit 3: when I restart apache the field is filled out again - caching issue? I'll update as I find more

edit 4: solved by increasing in php.ini:

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 100M

other settings

max_execution_time = 600 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60     ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
max_input_vars = 7000
memory_limit = 512M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

When you have large translation files this will happen.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 1 year later...