Display Tax Line in Block Cart with "Tax Excluded"

I need to display tax in the block cart with "tax excluded" in PS 1.4.1.0. There are many bug reports on the bug tracker and they are closed saying the fix is in the SVN. I replaced my blockcart module with the SVN version and it does not work.

Also, the blockcart total is incorrect because it doesn't add the tax amount. This causes discrepancies at the payment submit pages where the block cart is displayed with a total that is incorrect because it's missing the tax (see attached screenshot).

Does anyone know what code to tweak to get the cart block to display the tax line with the group setting of "tax excluded"? I've been trying everything I can think of & exhausted all the forums/Google trying to find a solution.

I have the "display tax line" turned on in BO>payment>taxes. I have tested this on the default PS theme and it does not work even with latest SVN blockcart module. Tried uninstall/install the updated module with no luck.

46231_1LI4oYW6QAPAFupg0XVF_t

I just upgraded to 1.4.2.5 and the block cart is not showing the tax line with the setting of tax excluded. I tried uninstalling the block cart/ then reinstall; clearing cache; unchecking the "show tax line" saving and then activating the tax line. Nothing works.

Please help PS team!

I am testing it on default theme (not as pictured in screenshot).

• 1 month later...

The following patch forces the block cart to display the tax line regardless of whether the tax is included in the price or not. This is not a general solution because it is not configurable. Caveat emptor!

Edit modules/blockcart/blockcart.php:

[spam-filter] -64,7 +64,7 [spam-filter] class BlockCart extends Module
               else
                       $taxCalculationMethod = Group::getDefaultPriceDisplayMet

-               $useTax = !($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC);
+               $useTax = true; /*!($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC)*/;

$products = $params['cart']->getProducts(true);
               $nbTotalProducts = 0;

• 2 months later...

so bummed I just bought this thinking it was the PERFECT solution, Yeah to Tomer ONCE AGAIN cause he is so awesome, then I go to install it and find out it just does not work for 1.4.4.1.. shame on me for not reading the fine print when ordering but I am hoping that Tomer's amazing customer care will come into play and he will udpate the module for us paying folks for the newest version.. PRETTY PLEASE :D Tomer :wub:

Free discovery scuba dive for you if your evern in Florida to trade ...

Thanks, T

• 5 months later...

I faced the same problem with PrestaShop 1.4.7.3 and still can not find a solution

:(

Cutomers/Groups/Default/Price display method:Tax excluded

+

Payment/Taxes/Display tax in cart: Yes

As gbabys said: "block cart is not showing the tax line with the setting of tax excluded."

check out shipping countries, and at the end of the side under all countries U have to choose right countries You use..Can it be that???

PS: When I read yor comments here you fixed my problem with my taxes at FO because I was missing include taxes at my basket.

in this line:

Customers/Groups/Default/Price display method:Tax include