PrestaShop VS OpenCart
- Relies on a community of 1,000,000 members
- Translate your store’s content into 25 languages
- Present in 200 countries
- Manage customer and order relations
- Internationalize your store (taxes, currencies, languages, formats)
- Bring your store to life (promotions, sales operations)
- Advanced creation for products and stock management
- Advanced statistics table
- In accordance with Article 88 of Law 2015-1785 against VAT fraud
- Management of small, medium, and very large product catalogues
- 600 native features
- Over 6,500 modules, 5,000 themes on the Addons Marketplace
Free but what do you really get?
- Less than 19% free, untested themes
- Less than 21% free, untested extensions
- Complexity of e-commerce site customization
- A community of 550,000 members
- It is necessary to have technical skills and knowledge to use this software
- No tool to manage customer service
- No native shipping tool (requires a module)
- No advanced inventory management tool
- Poorly suited to large product catalogues
- Limited product characteristics
- Limited reporting available in terms of data and format
- Basic stock management
- 75 native features
- Poorly suited to RTL languages
Main differences between PrestaShop and OpenCart
PrestaShop is an e-commerce CMS that offers all the features you’ll need to create your e-commerce site. For each release, PrestaShop develops features and plug-ins so you can keep your site customized and running as quickly as possible. With each new version, PrestaShop has been able to add new features, such as the possibility of drop shipping through many modules, a multilingual site, and more. But PrestaShop takes things even further and lets you take advantage of features to take your store international, for example right-to-left support. With it, your store can be adapted for any language that reads right to left, a true advantage compared with OpenCart, which offers no such support.
Customizing your online store based on things you like can quickly become more complicated than originally intended and this can slow things down if you are not able to handle things technically. PrestaShop makes customizing your e-commerce site easy, with a plethora of customization modules that give your site the look and feel that you choose. PrestaShop offers over 2,000 themes on the Addons marketplace. PrestaShop templates are high quality and responsive and offer a customer journey that’s optimized for conversion. To customize an online site, OpenCart offers numerous free and paid themes that can make your site visually interesting. On the other hand, in order to apply them correctly, an expert or developer must be able to assist you, since managing themes and their associated features is more complex.
Ease of use
PrestaShop has a strong community following with 1,000,000 members. Thanks to the support of its community, PrestaShop is growing and developing. Today, it operates in 195 countries and services 270,000 stores around the world. OpenCart has a smaller community, undeveloped compared with PrestaShop, with around 120,000 members. As such, PrestaShop’s open source community is one of the largest in the world and this has a major impact on the forum, PrestaShop translations, and users present at events.
Are you an OpenCart user looking to make the move to PrestaShop ?
Cart2Cart helps you to migrate easily and seamlessly from Opencart to PrestaShop!
PrestaShop vs Shopify | PrestaShop vs Magento | PrestaShop vs Woocommerce| Prestashop vs Bigcommerce | Prestashop vs Oscommerce | Prestashop vs Virtuemart | Prestashop vs Volusion | Prestashop vs Zencart
OpenCart™ is a registered trademark, property of OpenCart.