On Monday 4 July at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Paris, the PrestaShop team attended a programme of conferences on the theme of the mobile revolution, organised by the Association of the Digital Economy (ACSEL).
1° Conclusions of the Conference on developments in Mobile technology - Jean-Christophe DELFINE - Copilot Partners (Strategic Consulting and Operational Management company specialising in the Digital Economy)
With the growth in mobile web use (16 million people have Mobile Internet in France), we are seeing:
- A profusion of services (mobile sites, applications)
- A progression in manufacturers’ market shares
- An increase in content monetisation
- A development of the mobile advertising model
- Increasing security in mobile payments (ex. sending sms with a security code to pay online)
- An increase in the number of NFC pilot projects
“Everything is going to happen suddenly, all at once: the advent of smartphones and the most famous of these to date, the iPhone, will be the long-awaited catalyst [by players in the digital economy]. All this will have an impact on all areas, and everyone who has been clever enough to ride the internet wave: e-commerce, advertising, payment, customer relations…”
"Today we are at the same stage with mobile technology as we were with the internet in the 2000’s", in other words we are about to witness a great success!
2° The new mobile territories - Bertrand Jonquois - Nemo agency (mobile marketing agency)
- Whatever your mobile project, there are two crucial factors to consider: social networks and Cloud computing
- Mobility is no longer a question or a project - it is now a reality
- The new central theme is SoLoMo (Social - Local -Mobile), which involves the development of Local Based Services
- Mobility represents service continuity: it is at the centre of the advertiser’s ecosystem
The ACSEL also passed on the findings of the study mission on “The new mobile territories”, which took place from 14 to 20 May 2011 in California. The aim of this trip to Silicon Valley was to meet big businesses such as Google, Microsoft, Zend, Yahoo, Foursquare, Visa and more. We learnt that for American businesses, designing an e-commerce site without an associated mobile application is now unthinkable! A website goes hand in hand with a mobile application. Mobile technology has a great future!
3° Conclusions of the Round Table “How is mobility changing our professions and the way businesses and brands communicate with their audiences?” with contributions from:
- Claude France, Executive Vice President business & strategy, Atos Worldline,
- François Bourgeois, Managing Director, Edenred,
- Nicolas Debock, Manager of Innovation Systems and New Markets, La Poste,
- Olivier Chedeville, Remote Banking Manager, Société Générale,
- Jean-Michel Gadrat, President of the Contactless Mobile Services Forum
Mobile use is changing customer relations. Mobile technology never leaves the customer, so it helps build loyalty. It joins up with the point of sale (Click and Mortar). There is a real opportunity here with the NFC (for example: the STIF is to launch the Navigo pass via NFC).
Mobile technology is the ideal tool to stay in contact with customers: SMS, MMS, emails, push notifications… and there are surely many more innovations to come! In the multi-channel age, e-traders are being presented with a new extension of their core business, and new opportunities.
Below are 4 key ideas which show real opportunities for PrestaShop Mobile
- " Today we are at the same stage with mobile technology as we were with the internet in the 2000’s"
- The increasing use of mobile internet is encouraging the profusion of mobile services
- Mobile use is changing customer relations: mobile technology never leaves the customer so is a real loyalty-building tool
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is becoming a reality, and payments by mobile are growing fast.
Mobile technology is becoming a tool for identification, loyalty creation and payment