Responsible for SMEs for the CEMEA region, her role is to take care of the millions of small and medium-sized enterprises using PayPal every day in mainland Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
PrestaShop, a very special partner for PayPal
- We’ve been working very closely with PrestaShop for several years now and our working relationship is growing stronger all the time. The combined offer from PrestaShop and PayPal gives people all over the world the chance to create an online store and receive payments.
- PrestaShop has a community of developers who are extremely capable and exceptionally committed. For example, last year we worked together at PrestaShop Day Madrid, which was the first such event for them in Spain. The turnout was excellent – even better than expected, in fact.
The challenges facing e-retailers
- We approach our retailers as a “partner”, offering them a simple, universal solution which they can use to sell anywhere and everywhere. This leaves them free to concentrate on their most crucial business issues.
- Because borders are more open in the online world, cross-border retailing is becoming more and more relevant to e-commerce. PayPal helps e-retailers to increase their international sales by virtue of its presence in over 200 marketplaces with 203 million active customers. At the same time, PrestaShop has an extensive international presence, which also helps e-retailers develop their cross-border sales.
The challenges facing PayPal and the strengths of PrestaShop
- At PayPal we do our utmost to anticipate users’ needs by offering them top-notch services for making payments, not only online but in their day-to-day business operations. With PrestaShop, we try to produce the best product features to make this a reality.
- The PrestaShop developer community and its international footprint are key levers for its success. In addition, the flexibility of its offer means an excellent level of customization for retailers.
What you wish for the next 10 years
I want to see PrestaShop maintain its position as e-commerce market leader. This will help retailers start up, manage and develop their online stores internationally. And I want all this to happen in collaboration with PayPal, so we can provide retailers with a worldwide “all-in-one” solution.