As you know, it is very important to humanise your shop as we have mentioned in our tip of the week, "6 points to reassure your customer", where we discussed the importance of displaying a phone number and email address
To really get in touch with your community you can add a blog on your boutique. Blogs are very easy to manage and they allow you to post articles that add another dimension to your shop in a short space of time. You can write about upcoming sales, new products, special discounts, organise competitions or simply share your ideas and desires with your customers: there are no limits to a blog’s potential. You can talk about anything!
Here are 5 reasons to have a blog on your online shop
- Humanise your boutique: An online shop is not the best tool to communicate with your community. A blog personifies your site by speaking directly to your client base.
- Optimise its natural ranking: By writing new articles on a regular basis, you evolve your blog’s content and search engines such as Google like this. By writing articles using key words for your shop, you will increase visibility, web traffic and sales.
- Make your brand credible: Proving that you set the benchmark in your sector is very important and you will gain credibility. Show that you love your job, that you are excited about your products and that you are open-minded by leaning towards new trends in your sector.
- Increase customer satisfaction: Give your community advice about the best ways to use your products. They will feel supported and therefore are more likely to buy from you.
- Encourage interaction: Your blog readers can interact with you and post comments. This is a great way to get feedback and adapt your strategy with the help of your client’s opinions.
- And of course you will increase turnover too!
There is a wide range of solutions (Content Management System, CMS) you can use to create a blog. The best known is Wordpress which is popular for its efficiency and how easy it is to use. You can easily add a blog to your PrestaShop boutique using the Wordpress Sync PrestaShop module as so many have done already:
Archiduchesse updates readers about the company’s everyday running: orders, office life, promotions etc. The team is open and honest with its customers and it works!
Faguo Shoes organises fun competitions among other things. Winners get a pair of shoes from the new collection and the whole community is invited to take part.
Amo Muito describes the latest fashion innovations and links its shop’s articles to the newest trends!
Blogging is a fantastic way to boost your online shop, customer relations and sales.
But be warned: a blog can take up a lot of time. Do not underestimate the resources you need to write the blog and update it. There’s nothing worse than an empty blog or old content. It’s even counter-productive as it makes the customer think that you are more interested in your sales than broadcasting information to the community.
Invest your time and energy in a blog. Stick with it and it will prove to be a real asset.