There are several solutions for managing abandoned shopping carts and thus generating higher sales. These solutions must involve an organized approach that aims to capitalize on consumer behavior:
- Timing: Send them an email as quickly as possible within the hour, so that the customer keeps his purchase in mind.
- Presentation: Ensure that the presentation of the email is simple and efficient. You don’t necessarily need to propose a new or different offer. Just ensure that the customer understands perfectly what he or she needs to do in order to complete the order.
- Content and Offer: The email sent can be a simple reminder, or perhaps it can serve as an opportunity to let the customer enjoy a special benefit, discount, or free shipping. In some cases, a feeling of urgency may be useful, like giving your customers a limited-time offer, which thus incites them to act now. This will greatly improve the plan’s efficiency.
- Planning: Though we recommend sending an email within an hour, we also suggest sending a second email (and maybe even a third!) which will strengthen the effectiveness of the plan. One week after the interrupted order takes place, it’s not too late to present a new product, or a new offer, and remind the customer that you are at his disposal.
- AB Testing: Don’t hesitate to regularly test different looks for your emails, different offers, etc. You’ll be able to learn the behaviors and needs of your customers.
- Tracking and Measuring: If you’re talking about the Internet, you’re talking about measurement! You must have dashboards specifically created to track everything about abandoned shopping carts-- their number, their natures, and more. That’s how you’ll measure the effectiveness of your follow-up tactics.
Managing abandoned shopping carts fits perfectly into the overall management of your e-commerce site. Your e-commerce solution must be able to implement these tracking solutions in a way that is personalized to your needs. The simplicity, power, and flexibility of the PrestaShop solution is thus perfect for this important task.