4 tips to increase your ecommerce sales
When researching ”display advertising for small business”, or, ”programmatic advertising for small business” you won’t find much information on how programmatic or display advertising impact the growth of small or mid sized businesses. To help untangle this question, we’ve explored intelligent display advertising!
You start to ask yourself, does this suggest programmatic display advertising isn’t right for small businesses? Not at all. It’s just a matter of lack of information. Many small business managers just don’t know what the goals of display advertising are and therefore they often execute weak strategies, and poor executions.
What is the true effect of programmatic display advertising ?
The objective of display advertising is to help drive visibility, generate relevant leads and sales to a website, thereby increasing overall ROI.
Programmatic advertising, or as we call it – Intelligent Display Advertising is doing all this through an automated process, whereby a brand’s website is connected to an intelligent display advertising platform, such as Match2One. Once the website is connected, the platform starts collecting important data on customer behaviour – to enable automatic audience targeting. Display ads then appear on websites relevant to the advertiser’s audience, at the right time of the day, and in the right context.
This accuracy and automatic targeting attracts new and returning customers to perform an action on the website, that leads to long-term customer retention and increased sales.
Here are 4 tips on how small businesses can use intelligent display advertising to drive growth
1. Define your goals
Focus on traffic generated to your site, and total conversions driven from the campaigns. Make sure you measure both post-view and post-click conversions, to fully understand your customers behaviour and journey. How much is a conversion worth to your business?
2. Intelligent Retargeting – it’s a must have!
On average 2% of visitors converts when they first visit your site, retargeting brings back the other 98%. A mind-blowing 95% of retargeting campaigns deliver above the set goal. (source. Match2One AB)
3. Design your ads with care, and create at least two variations
Designing display ads is often the most critical reason for success or failure. The details of your ad will affect the overall conversion rate, and should therefore be top priority. There are self-serve creative production tools that allows you to create stunning ads easily, you’ll find one in the Match2One platform. (source. Match2One Creative Suite).
4. Optimise your landing page
A landing page provides customers with the necessary information they need to convert to a new, or returning customer. Make sure your landing page maintains consistency with the display ad associated with it.
It’s easy to get started with Match2One on Prestashop! Just connect your website with our module, create engaging ads, and start letting the automation do the work for you.