Open-source and PrestaShop lover? You can become the next PrestaShop Ambassador in your city. Keep reading to discover how you could be part of this great adventure!
What is a PrestaShop Ambassador?
A PrestaShop Ambassador is a trusted PrestaShop Community member who has volunteered to be PrestaShop's voice in his region.
Merchants, developers, designers or consultants, PrestaShop Ambassadors are all ecommerce rock stars who love sharing their knowledge with their local community to make great things happen.
They initiate a wide variety of community-building activities and receive cool perks.
> PrestaShop Ambassadors are individuals. If you are a web agency interested in getting more involved in the PrestaShop Community, learn more about our agency program.
Which activities can an Ambassador initiate?
Online, offline, product oriented or just fun and social activities - the sky is the limit. Here’s a look at what other Ambassadors have done in the past:
- Inspire conversation and moderate their local Forum on www.prestashop.com
- Actively participate in discussions about PrestaShop on social networks, StackOverflow, Quora, etc.
- Run local tests on upcoming releases, provide local input on the software and its features
- Participate in PrestaShop's translations or documentation on Crowdin
- Organize Community MeetUps, Webinars or Google Hangouts On Air
- Create videos or written tutorials about using or coding with PrestaShop
- Write guest blog posts on local topics for the official PrestaShop blog
- Get in touch with local influencers
- ... And more! We’re always open to new ideas.
Which perks do Ambassadors receive?
Besides local expert visibility, PrestaShop Ambassador benefit from:
1) Online Recognition
We’ll provide you with your own PrestaShop Ambassador badge, set you up with a profile on our website, and even make you a moderator on our forum. Best of all, we’ll feature your events on our website, blog and social media to bring more visibility and awareness to the awesome things you are doing.
2) Free Training
Regardless of your technical level, we have a training course that suits you. User, Developer and Integrator training sessions are free for our Ambassadors – so take a refresher course or learn some new skills!
3) Goodies, of course
We’re sending Preston to you, a plushy that is, along with an Ambassador Kit complete with goodies that will make all your office mates jealous.
4) Exclusive access
Being a PrestaShop Ambassador means getting insider information on our latest developments. You’ll know some PrestaShop news before they’re officially announced. You’ll even get to participate in regular Q&A sessions with the product team.
5) PrestaShop Support
The best part about being a PrestaShop Ambassador is the support you’ll receive from the PrestaShop team. If you’re already hosting a webinar, we’ll help increase the number of attendees by promoting the event. Inviting people out for a local Meetup? We’ll send goodies for the current and future PrestaShop fans!
6) Many, many more!
There are so many perks of being a PrestaShop Ambassador, check out our page or chat with our current Ambassadors to see what you’re missing out.
What is it like, exactly?
As of today, we have 24 devoted Ambassadors across 15 countries.
Here are some examples of their latest achievements:
- Community Meetups: most of PrestaShop Ambassadors hold regular meetups in their city – it’s great seeing so many communities gathering to share ecommerce knowledge all across the world, from Lima to Düsseldorf, passing by Rio de Janeiro and Dakar :)
- Translations: like Michael who translated the whole user documentation in Dutch, or Thomé who translates modules for the Brazilian market.
- GitHub contributions: like Jonathan who counts over 200 pull requests!
- Blog posts: like Nicolas who visited our team in Paris and introduced a sneak peek of the next version of the software
Want to apply?
We’ve opened 20 new spots today. If you are a true PrestaShop lover volunteering to share your experience and educate your local community about PrestaShop and ecommerce in general, apply today!
We’re currently looking for people in the following cities / regions. If you’re not in the region but would like to apply anyway, we, of course, encourage you to do so!
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Brussels, Belgium
- Berlin, Germany
- Helsinki, Finland
- Lisbon, Portugal
- London, England
- Manchester, England
- Munich, Germany
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Vienna, Austria
- Vilnius, Lithuania
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York City, NY
- Seattle, WA
- Silicon Valley, between San Francisco and San Jose
Central and South Americas:
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Santiago, Chile