Did you know that PrestaShop’s native software has over 300 features? Whether you’ve been using our software for years or just opened your online store, we’d like to help you make the most of our shopping cart software by sharing 20 PrestaShop features you (probably) haven’t discovered. Read on to find out what they are!
PrestaShop’s features help you, as an online merchant, sell more and run your business more efficiently. Today we’ll break down these lesser-known features into the following categories: operations, marketing and customer engagement, front office features and shop improvement. We’ll also show you how to configure them. Just keep in mind, these features are available in version PrestaShop 22.214.171.124 or after.
At the core of every online shop are its business operations. These features help improve your back office interface and let you specify which notifications you want to receive, so you can run your business efficiently.
1. Receive email notifications when a new order is placed.
MODULES > Administration > Mail Alerts > (Install >) Configure > New Order: Yes > Email Address: email@example.com > Save
2. Change the theme and color of your back office.
ADMINISTRATION > Employees > Employee Name > Theme Or, select your name from the upper right corner > My preferences
- Default: Green and Grey
- Blue: Light Blue and Dark Blue
- Contrast: Light Blue and Gray
- Flex: Turquoise and Gray
- Fruit: Dark Blue and Gray
- Prune: Purple and Dark Blue
3. Quickly access any webpage from your notifications bar.
Navigate to the page you want to bookmark > From the Quick Access tab on the top menu, click “+ Add current page to Quick Access” > “Update successful” confirmation.
Now you can easily access this page anytime from the Quick Access drop down.
4. Move your menu back up to the top of your website
ADMINISTRATION > Employees > Click Employee Name > Admin menu orientation: Top
5. Modify date and time formula.
LOCALIZATION > Languages > Select the language you’d like to edit > Date format & Date format (full) > Use the instructions to edit the date format
6. Expedite bulk uploads by downloading our sample CSV.
ADVANCED PARAMETERS > CSV Import > Download Sample CSV Files
Tip: These CSV files are delimited by “;”.
7. Turn off new order notifications at any time.
Don’t like the new order counter on your dashboard? Turn it off any time.
ADMINISTRATION > Preferences > Notification > Show notifications for new orders, customers or messages: No.
8. Make reordering a breeze with a list of sold out and low inventory products.
STATS > Stats > Catalog evaluation
Front Office Features
9. Protect your product images with watermarks.
MODULES > Administration > Watermark >
Upload a .gif version of your watermark. Set the opacity. Indicate how and where you want it positioned. Select which images you want to watermark.
10. Upload a custom image for when a product has no image.
LOCALIZATION > Languages > Select Language > “No Picture” Image
11. Upload custom color swatches to show detail or prints.
CATALOG > Product Attributes > Color > Add New Values > Name and upload your new custom color.
12. Upload a custom image for the store locator map.
PREFERENCES > Themes > Your Current Theme > Icons > Upload a new icon.
Suggested size: 30 x 30 pixels File type: Gif
Marketing and Customer Engagement
13. Modify your confirmation email template (and others too!)
LOCALIZATION > Translations > Type of Translation: Email templates > Select your theme > Select the language
14. Modify your shop’s voice to speak to your target personas.
LOCALIZATION > Translations > Type of Translation: Front Office > Select your theme > Select the language
15. Welcome customers to your newsletter program with a discount code.
MODULES > Front Office Feature > Newsletter block > (Install >) Configure > Welcome voucher code: Code name
To complete the setup, you need to create and activate the new voucher code. Be sure that this code matches the the code name in the emails.
PRICE RULES > Cart Rules > Add new cart rule > follow the on-screen instructions.
16. Edit your homepage’s meta information to improve SEO.
PREFERENCES > SEO & URLs > “Select Index”
Add meta information and the page title to improve your SEO for those keywords.
17. View a list of on-site search queries from customers.
STATS > Stats> Shop Search
18. Access order information from abandoned carts.
CUSTOMERS > Shopping Carts > Click on any cart for detailed information.
19. Forecast sales directly from the dashboard
DASHBOARD > Forecast Table > click the configuration icon.
Enter your projected sales information. The chart will be automatically updated with the latest sales to show whether or not you’re meeting your projections.
20. Expanding your team? Give each team member an individual log in.
As you add new team members, ensure they only have access to the features and functionality they need, we’ve pre-configured permissions for new employees in sales, translation and shipping operations.
ADMINISTRATION > Employees > Add New Employees > Fill in the information and assign a role.
Which of these features did you just learn about? Which did you already know about? Know any other secret features that didn’t make our top 20 list? Share them in the comments below. Not familiar with PrestaShop? Learn all about PrestaShop’s features.