See the 1 Comment
The ultimate sale season checklist: 18 things every eCommerce site should do
The summer sale season is just around the corner, with Back to School hot on its heels. We’ve made it simple for online stores to prepare with the ultimate sale season checklist that covers the 18 things every eCommerce site should do to take advantage of this important time.
According to the US-based National Retail Federation, online, mobile and catalog sales are expected to rise 6 to 9 percent in 2016. A Kiplinger report shows online sales representing nearly 10% of all goods sold in April, up nearly 2 percent when compared to last year. With overall retail sales up 4.7% compared to 2015, they expect consumers to spend more on apparel as the economy improves. Make sure your store is ready to respond to the uptick in consumer confidence by following our sales season checklist.
The ultimate sale season checklist:
- Optimize your online shop for higher traffic. More traffic means less resources to load your site. Unfortunately, slow loading pages are the number-one reason for lost sales; make sure you’re using a preferred hosting provider who can ensure page loads fast to improve your website’s performance.
- Stock up! Forecast sales and make sure you have enough inventory to meet the season’s higher demand.
- Display a countdown on your homepage to give customers a head up on what’s coming and increase excitement for your extreme deals. Available on PrestaShop’s Official Marketplace.
- Mobile, mobile, mobile! Make sure your site is responsive and equipped with a mobile checkout process, so customers can shop when they’re on the go!
- Offer gift wrapping. Your competitors are doing it, customers love it and the feature to offer gift wrapping is available (for free) in your PrestaShop back-office.
- Promote expedited shipping, free shipping and ship on time! Free shipping will cinch the deal for customers looking for a bargain and last-minute shoppers will be relieved to see fast shipping options.
- Free returns! Emphasize your e-shop’s amazing return policies.
- Start e-mail marketing today if you haven’t already.
- Offer social media promotions with special codes — your followers will love being in on a secret deal. Available on PrestaShop’s Official Marketplace.
- Test sales promos, over and over. There’s nothing worse than finding a deal… that doesn’t work
- Create landing pages with sales-specific keywords – check out PrestaShop Addons for cool landing page options and create blog posts that tie in with the season.
- Dress up your online shop with PrestaShop Themes and help customers easily identify what’s on sale!
- Cross selling and upselling are native features in PrestaShop, so take advantage of them.
- Create special gift categories (the perfect gift for him, for her, for the kids, etc!)
- Promote e-mail signups, and make them extra visible since customers are more inclined to sign up during sales.
- Actively MONITOR your back-office, social media networks, e-mail, etc. to avoid any hiccups during peak sales season.
- Integrate additional customer services so that you are easily available for your customers. Consider including live chat, phone numbers, quick email responses, etc.
- Offer Express Checkout. Customers are in a rush to take advantage of all the great deals online, don’t slow them down!
Bonus: consider including a pop-exit offer. Did you know 25% of customer on their way out will finalize a purchase thanks to this module? If that doesn’t work, you can always remind them of the products they’ve added to their cart with an abandoned cart email. PrestaShop’s got your back every step of the way!
How many items have you checked off your sale checklist? Let us know in the comments below!
Receive articles like this in your inbox!
Subscribe to get the latest ecommerce news and tips sent directly to your email. Subscribe