See the 14 Comments
Breaking down the multistore function in PrestaShop v1.5
I- So what is a multistore?
The Multistore function is one of the key new elements that will be available in PrestaShop v1.5. And we’re here to explain how the multistore function works so you can take advantage of this revolutionary new feature when the final version of v1.5 becomes available.
Multistore makes it possible to create and manage several stores at once, saving you both time and money. This feature will also enable you to manage several online stores from a single Back Office.
Each store is independent enough for them to behave differently, if required. And each of your store’s settings can be modified to fit your specific needs.
You can also have different stores maintain shared elements, if you should need them to.
- Product pages, etc.
b. Is a multistore for me?
This functionality is essentially made for people who manage several e-stores at the same time. For example, it’s perfect for big companies hoping to position themselves in different markets on the Internet.
c. What can the new multistore function do for me?
The multistore function has several advantages:
- You can simplify the management of several online stores through the same Back Office. Therefore, if the administrator wants to make changes on all e-stores, he or she can do so through a centralized back office.
- You can define specific rights for each employee across multiple stores without giving them blanket access to all stores. This is know as the rights management aspect
- You can also personalise each store as required.
- You can have a list of all your products online. So when you create a product, the store manager can see the list of products for each of your stores. That way, you can avoid doubles of the same product (Only an administrator has the rights to change the products).
- You can have online stores with different domain names. This is really useful if you sell in different countries and your domain name is adapted to each country. You can also change languages and currencies.
d. How is it activated?
To activate this function, you just need to go to “General Preferences” and click “Yes” to activate the multistore.
To activate the multistore, click “YES”
Once activated, the Multistore tab will appear in your advanced settings.
Website tree of the different store groups
Here you will find a tree structure for all of your stores. You can also create a new group of stores or add a new store with a new name.
Finally, one of the coolest functions of PrestaShop’s new multistore feature is rights management. PrestaShop is the first software to offer e-tailers the right to manage the access rights of employees for each of their stores.
Multistore management is just one of the many new features that will be included in PrestaShop v1.5. And if you would like to take v1.5 out for a test drive before the final version is made public, then we invite you to download v1.5 RC 2. And remember, the more feedback we get while v1.5 is in release candidate testing, the sooner we’ll be able to make the final version public.
Receive articles like this in your inbox!
Subscribe to get the latest ecommerce news and tips sent directly to your email. Subscribe