As you may know, postal charges are one of the main reasons why customers abandon their baskets. A study carried out jointly by PayPal and ComScore in 2008 confirms this. Apparently, approximately 43% of Internet users abandon their basket when shopping because of postal charges that are too high. At a physical shopping outlet, customers do not pay for postal charges, and it is most probably for this reason that they think twice before confirming an order on the Internet. Businesses who have identified this behaviour try to remedy the situation by putting in place special policies concerning their postal charges. We will present them according to the marketing objectives that they fulfil.
Different postal charge policies allow:
It would be wrong to assume that you need to access a website’s code to be able to hack into it. In fact, even at the HTML display level, you need to protect all data that appears.
Please note, this article is aimed at advanced developers (knowledge of hooks, the Carrier object…) and applies to PrestaShop 1.4 and later.
To find out what a hook is, I recommend reading the article by Julien Breux here:
Around 80% of emails sent by advertisers reach their recipients’ inboxes… What about the remaining 20%? Why don’t they end up in the inbox?
It is thought that an email’s content accounts for 25% of its deliverability.
Therefore you should pay particular attention to content (text, pictures, etc.) as well as code (quality, conformity, size, etc.) to avoid your newsletter being classed as spam.
As some of you may have already noticed, the wiki is no more. It recently bowed out to make way for the new PrestaShop Documentation Site, which is accessible directly at the address http://doc.prestashop.com or via the “DOC” tab on the prestashop.com site. The content has of course been moved over and will be gradually updated.
With almost 5,000 posts on the forum, let us introduce you Tomer, serial contributor and US moderator! Thanks a lot for accepting to answer our interview!
Hi Tomer, can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Your product sheets are the key selling tools of your website. That’s why it’s vital to understand how to design them. Follow the five tips below to boost your sales and your website’s conversion rate, thus helping to build customer loyalty.
At physical sales outlets, nothing is left to chance when it comes to the way products are displayed in the aisles. The position or number of facings of a product on a shelf will strongly influence how it sells. The same applies to websites. There are specific techniques for highlighting your products and making them easy for your customers to access. This is called e-merchandising.
There are many advantages: increase the conversion rate on your site, the value and volume of the average consumer spend and increase your turnover. Attract new customers and built loyalty!
It’s a fact that all the large retail brands have an online site. Consumers are increasingly using the Internet and looking for as much information as possible before buying, regardless of the purchasing channel they choose in the end. Being present online is therefore vital for all physical brands, which then become part of the « Click and Mortar » phenomenon..
The expression refers to businesses selling their products both online and in traditional stores. These two commerce models are known for competing several times during a purchase…With the explosion of e-commerce over the past few years, traditional brands have to be present online without necessarily neglecting their outlets, still required by customers who want to « see the product in real life » before buying. So how do brands manage to reconcile these two distribution channels which are supposedly in competition with each other?