The PrestaShop team is pleased to announce the release of its e-commerce software 1.3 alpha 1 version! Discover in this article a complete report about the novelties this new version contains, among the new modules, new PrestaShop partnerships, and new software features.
Please note, this version is an alpha one, this means that this is not yet considered as being stable, following the addition of many new features, and this should not be used in production.
Here are the new features included in PrestaShop, noteworthy among the many added:
- The ability to define multiple IP addresses for maintenance
- The choose of the images that must be re-generated in the Back Office
- The test of the mail server configuration via the Back Office
- New features about statistics (visible on the Back Office homepage)
- When adding a language via the Back Office, a suggestion to download the corresponding language pack
- Enable / disable the modules display which are valid only in his country
- Spanish language in standard
- Product Tooltips – a module that displays info bubbles: number of visitors on the product page + last purchase date or last adding to cart date
- A warning display when the e-mail by default used in the PayPal module has not been modified
- Possibility to limit carriers to groups of customers
- … And much more!
New partners modules
PrestaShop v.1.3 alpha 1 welcomes several new partners! Payment modules, optimization of the purchase process… Discover them below!
Moneybookers enables any company or any consumer owning an e-mail adress, to send and receive online payments, in a secure and cost effective way – in real time and around the world! Moneybookers delivers a product ideally suited for small companies, online merchants, individuals and others currently unfulfilled by traditional payment methods.
Thanks to its expertise in the Internet monetization, Hi-media has launched a complete solution for electronic payments, secured by SSL, Hipay. Hipay is an electronic wallet, which is multi-lingual and multi-currency, with this any seller can offer its customers a flexible, simple and highly secure way to pay online purchases. Hipay provides real-time payment of goods or services purchases with provisions warranty and customer support.
ReversoForm invented a unique system of automatic forms filling on merchant sites, via the client´s telephone number. This works on the same principle as the reverse directory: the customer enters his telephone number (landline) and thus enables ReversoForm to automatically fill all form fields: name, address, zip code, city, and countries.
Dejala delivers your customers by courier in 3 hours. Your client chooses its slot for a guaranteed delivery 3 hours before paying. The module integrates dynamic product availability, your operating hours and lets you choose the delivery price charged. This module gives you a competitive advantage: to satisfy more customers and increase sales. Dejala is already available in Paris and Madrid.
Several points of the solution have been optimized and improved, including:
- Optimization of MySQL performances with the addition of indexes and some SQL queries on the Front Office and some modules
- Optimization of Smarty
- Improved theinstaller, graphical aspect, added tooltips; easier access to the Front Office and Back-Office and add-ons
- Select the shop’s default country during installation
- Field “tax id number” (mandatory in some countries like Spain …) – configurable via the Back Office
- Automatic creation of a language when it is added via a .Gzip file
- Ability to disable a selection of tables that are not necessarily needed during a database backup
- Improved compatibility with Opera 9
- Better errors management on the CSV import
- SEO optimized for web pages
- Ability to disable automatic checking of modules updates
- Added SQL queries in the installer to clean the database while an update
- Added a warning message on the database backup page if the export file is not writable
- Added a warning message on the CSV import page if the file is not writable
Corrections made since PrestaShop v1.2.4
The latest version of PrestaShop (v.1.2.5) containing only security updates, this list of corrections includes the ones made on PrestaShop v.1.2.4.
- The prices calculation within the Front and Back-Office, and PDF invoices
- Bug on volume discounts
- Corrections on Paypal API
- Bugs encountered on private categories, which were displayed in the shop (blocks…)
- Default carrier selection
- Impossibility to delete the default clients group, to avoid to corrupt his shop
- Correction of the URL rewriting in several modules
- Fixed the weight calculation of a product using declinations
- Deleted a problem when cancelling all products of an order, that generated a “Hack Attempt”
- Inability for employees who only have the right to see the different tabs of the Back-Office to change their permissions
- Fixed a bug in the CSV import met with products that have a zero quantity
- Fixed total calculation on invoices on “Duty free” mode
- Fixed orders details in the Back-Office when using volume discounts
- … And much more!
Feel free to download and test this new version of PrestaShop, and to report us the bugs you might encounter! As a reminder, this is an alpha version, it should not be used in production.
¿Quieres lanzarte en el e-comercio ? A partir de ahora, PrestaStore te propone un catálogo completo de logos para ayudarte a elegir uno que ilustre tu actividad.
En el momento de elegirlo, puedes optar por obtener la exclusividad del mismo, o bien elegir la opción « standard » y en ese caso el logo podrá venderse a diferentes clientes. Después, tienes la posibilidad de personalizarlo en función del nombre de tu tienda, y en el color que elijas. Además, recibirás el logo en formato illustrator y .png, para que puedas integrarlo en tu tienda PrestaShop.
Esperamos que esta nueva categoría sea de tu agrado, y estaremos encantados de recibir cualquier sugerencia.
You get into e-commerce? PrestaStore now offers a complete catalog of logos to help you to find the one that illustrates your business!
When selecting your logo, you can choose to get the exclusivity on it, or select the “standard” option: the logo can be sold to different customers. Then, you can customize the logo with the name of your shop, and the color(s) you want. Finally, you will receive your logo in Illustrator and .png formats in order to integrate it on your PrestaShop store.
We remain at your disposal for any suggestion about this new category!
The whole PrestaShop team wishes you a Happy New Year 2010!
If you are visiting France in January, we give you an appointment on January 26th and 27th, 2010 at the e-Marketing Forum 2010 to be held at the Palais des Congrès (Porte Maillot), in Paris.
This event brings together 200 exhibitors and 250 speakers around the online marketing and the e-commerce.
Registration is free, so feel free to visit us at the stand #15!
Dates: January 26th and 27th, 2010
Place : See the map
See you soon!