David Demay, a graphic designer from Paris, told us that he was inspired to donate because via his Website, fashionconception.com, he sells services to merchants looking to create personalized online stores based on the PrestaShop e-Commerce Solution.
He also uses PrestaShop to sell custom-designed T-shirts on his online store, Teeshirt Fashion Conception.
He had tried out several other open-source solutions but found PrestaShop to be best suited to his needs, so he wanted to show his appreciation.
Want to sell online, but don’t know how to get started? Are terms like PHP, HTML, and CSS completely foreign to you?
PrestaShop will soon be unveiling a new offer, an all-in-one hosting service designed to help businesses of all sizes open and maintain an online store in the quickest, easiest way possible.
For a low installation fee and a monthly ‘rent’, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A complete yet scalable e-Commerce shopping cart solution, with free upgrades performed by the PrestaShop team
- Safe, secure hosting on our PrestaShop servers
- An easy-to-use Web store that’s already installed and online
- No technical knowledge is required
- An optimised referencing with search engines for your entire store, category by category and product by product
- A very competitive rate
- The PrestaShop team at your side
- No integration costs or commissions on your sales–we don’t touch your profits!
- Plus all the great features of the PrestaShop e-Commerce Solution, with many more to come
For an additional fee, each of the following options will also be available:
- Personalized domain name in .com or .fr with e-mail
- Payment modules connected to your financial institution or service
- Logistic modules linked to your logistics provider
- Data export towards major product-comparison sites
- Graphic design
- Personalized store functionality
- Technical support
More information to come …
Our 19th and final pre-v1.0 beta release is now available for download. PrestaShop v1.0 RC5 is the most stable and complete v1.0 release candidate to date. It had better be—the next release will be the official version of the PrestaShop e-Commerce Solution 1.0!
Dozens of bugs were fixed, but this time, no new features were included. We decided to not add any new features until after the release of version 1.0, for the simple reason that new features almost always bring new bugs.
Rest assured, we have not stopped developing new features. The following features are nearly complete and will be among the new features we’ll be offering with v1.1, due out early this fall:
- Sponsor-a-friend program
- Customer review with rating stars
- Customized product (text only)
In the meantime, please help us iron out the remaining bumps in v1.0 by reporting your RC5 bugs to the Bug Report section of our Forum!
One of the most rewarding aspects of creating an open-source e-commerce solution is witnessing the steady increase in enthusiasm coming from around the world. As we approach the release of our first stable version, PrestaShop v1.0, visitors are coming from countries from every continent and quite a few islands, as well.
Growing interest in open-source software mixed with the timeless desire to run a successful business are combining to make PrestaShop a truly international player in the shopping-cart software industry.
Imperative to the success of PrestaShop as a global e-commerce solution is, of course, the ability to adapt it to the many different cultural, legal, and linguistic needs of merchants and their customers.
As of this posting, PrestaShop has been partially or completely translated into 14 different languages, but that is merely the tip of the iceberg. Our goal is to make PrestaShop available to anyone and everyone who seeks to create his or her own online store.