Keeps going back to the Login Page

Troy

Hello. I am using v1.3.4.0. When I login in toget into my admin side, all is fine. The moment I changed something and "save" it, it takes me back to the original "Login" Screen. This has happened many times over the last few hours. I do not know whether its a bug.

Im uploading v1.3.2 and see whether its a bug or something with my computer. Keep you posted.

Ok it did not work at all.Sometimes I get back to the Login Screen 3-4 times before I can get to my BO. Any help is appreciated :)

I was searching the forum and found the below mentioned but did not work for me but worked for others.

In the file “prestashop/classes/Cookie.php” go down to line 50 where you see:

$this->_expire = isset($expire) ? intval($expire) : (time() + 1728000);
and change it too:

$this->_expire = isset($expire) ? intval($expire) : (time() + 3600);
This is because (some versions of) Internet Explorer seem to reject cookies that have large expiry

Back to more searches :)

=======================================================================

I managed to stay way way way longer ON BO now without being directed to Login Screen again.

Since I am using google, I did the following steps :-

Tools -> Options - Privacy -> Clear all individual cookies.

I managed to see my website folder there. Thus is redirecting. I hope this help.

This is what I have done so far but to no avail. I am now using v1.3.6

1. Deleting the files in tools>smarty>compile apart from index.php
2. Deleted all the cookies from my browser. (Nothing to do with the browser)
3. Also tried to change the inti.php and login.php listed below

init.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, substr($_SERVER[‘SCRIPT_NAME’], strlen(PS_BASE_URI), -strlen($currentFileName[‘0’])));

login.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, substr($_SERVER[‘PHP_SELF’], strlen(PS_BASE_URI), -10));

Thoses lines are not sending a correct path to the browser. Maybe that’s because I use sites other than the main site as virtuals home pages. To fast correct the problem I put explicity the path by my self. So, the lines were just as:

login.php

$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, “admin445” );

init.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, “admin445”);

If anyone could help. Much appreciated. I have searched through the whole of prestashop to find recommended solutions but they dont work for me.

This is what I have done so far but to no avail. I am now using v1.3.6

1. Deleting the files in tools>smarty>compile apart from index.php
2. Deleted all the cookies from my browser. (Nothing to do with the browser)
3. Also tried to change the inti.php and login.php listed below

init.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, substr($_SERVER[‘SCRIPT_NAME’], strlen(PS_BASE_URI), -strlen($currentFileName[‘0’])));

login.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, substr($_SERVER[‘PHP_SELF’], strlen(PS_BASE_URI), -10));

Thoses lines are not sending a correct path to the browser. Maybe that’s because I use sites other than the main site as virtuals home pages. To fast correct the problem I put explicity the path by my self. So, the lines were just as:

login.php

$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, “admin445” );

init.php
$cookie = new Cookie(‘psAdmin’, “admin445”);

If anyone could help. Much appreciated. I have searched through the whole of prestashop to find recommended solutions but they dont work for me.

Still looking for help :)

I contacted my webhosting company BlueHost and they were not helpful at all. They stated that it is Prestashop's script and nothing to do with them even when I told them I am running another domain name on a different hosting company with the same version Prestashop and I had no problems with it.

I even followed what was stated in this old thread -> http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/2808/P0/installing_prestashop/admin_login_loop

No luck and Still trying to figure it out.

I'm having the same problem too. It just started suddenly overnight without me making any changes or any codes to Prestashop at all, except modifying the HTML and text scripts to files in root/mails. And I've been using the same version of Prestashop for close to 1.5 months on the same host on the same domain without any problems until this.

This has been very frustrating for me for the past 2 weeks as it seriously impedes the pace which I can launch my site for business. It keeps redirecting me to login page randomly and very frequently (like every minute or less!).

I've e-mailed my webhost's technical staff and spoke to them about this but they're stumped on where's the root of the problem. The only explanation they gave (which I suspect is not the actual reason) is my ISP's cache server is having a rare issue of caching.

I've tried almost every possible solution - different browsers, different computers, cleared cache, cleared cookies, fresh installation of Prestashop on a new clean database. Only left with modifying codes and calling up my ISP to check with them if it's to do with their cache servers or dynamic IP.

I changed the cookie expire time to different values as proposed but it doesn't make a difference.
I contacted my ISP "godady.com" and their answer is:

In order for us to determine if your application will function with our hosting, we will need you to provide us with a detailed list of the server requirements for this application. As for installing a third party application, we cannot provide direct support or instructions for this process, as it would depend on the application. However, if you encounter a server error or have questions about using one of our interfaces, please provide us with details and we would be happy to assist you.

who can provide me a detailed list of server requirements that I can send to godady.com

If I move prestashop and database to another ISP (networksolutions) than everything works fine.

Who has suggestions or can help me solving this problem?

Thanks a lot

Guy

I changed the cookie expire time to 1200. It is still redirecting back to login but it isn't as bad.

Tried the same solution - changing to different cookie expire times - but it's still the same. Now I get redirected back to login (or logged out) ALMOST EVERY TIME I click on any link in the BO :(