help with Prestashop 1.4 Alpha 2

hi all, im still currently using prestashop 1.3.2 and looking to finally upgrade and looking at the new release of Prestashop 1.4 Alpha 2

First of all, is this all bug free and everything and worth upgrading too??

How do i upgrade my version as im still yet to do this at all :/

many thanks all

ryan

hi all, im still currently using prestashop 1.3.2 and looking to finally upgrade and looking at the new release of Prestashop 1.4 Alpha 2

First of all, is this all bug free and everything and worth upgrading too??

How do i upgrade my version as im still yet to do this at all :/

many thanks all

ryan

1.4 its a beta version- Dont use for production!!!

As long as you backup EVERYTHING, you should be ok. I would recommend using your host's backup services; if something turns really bad, you can always ask them to put the last backed up files on. In addition, I would recommend doing full backups (files+Database) everytime you make a change. And, if you can use version control on your server, even better.

• 2 weeks later...

You can change the path by going to the Preferences tab, changing the "PS directory" from /site/p/ to /site/ then move all the files from /site/p to /site/ and PrestaShop should work from the new location. You can't move the files from within the installer. It will assume the files are in the same directory. If anything goes wrong, you can edit the "PS directory" manually by editing config/settings.inc.php and editing the __PS_BASE_URI__ value.

Thank you for the reply Rocky. I decided to just try it out myself, and luckily i figured it out pretty fast. Now my store is located closer to the root folder. Like you described, all I needed to change was the settings.inc.php.