Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

prestashop instructions for front office confusing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
juicylucy

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hello there, I'm very confused and new to all this and desperately need help!

I'm using ipage.com as my host and have installed prestashop using the instructions from the prestashop book. I've had to move my host so have changed IPS TAG and nameservers to what my host has said is the right place. I can use my prestashop admin back office but when I go to my website instead of seeing the prestashop template the book told me to expect after following the instructions to the letter there is just a 'This website is under development' Have I not installed this properly, or is there another way to see a preview of my website while I'm building it? I know I must be doing something wrong but can't think what it is, please help.

Thanks a lot
Lucy

jhnstcks

PrestaShop Fanatic

• Moderators
  • 2050 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Could you supply the web address please

Could be a few things....browser cache, nameservers not fully updated yet are 2 that spring to mind straight off.
Don't forget, if you find a post particularly helpful, click the like button to show other members it is helpful.

juicylucy

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

Hi,
the web address is www.juicylucyskincare.co.uk
Thanks

jhnstcks

PrestaShop Fanatic

• Moderators
  • 2050 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

You need to contact your host, as if you go to http://juicylucyskin...co.uk/index.php your site if fine, but if you miss off the index.php it doesnt display. All sites redirect to some kind of index page, be it .php, .asp or .htm but yours isnt doing that correctly.
Don't forget, if you find a post particularly helpful, click the like button to show other members it is helpful.

jhnstcks

PrestaShop Fanatic

• Moderators
  • 2050 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

Also if you click the logo in the top right, it should take you back to your homepage, but yours takes you back to the development screen, this is very bad and breaks any navigation of your site.

Personally i would take your hosts money back guarantee and go somewhere that has good reviews.

juicylucy

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

thanks a lot for that, i have got in touch with ipage to give them a chance to fix the problem, if not I'll move host as you suggest. Really appreciate your help,
Lucy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users