Changing default currency

I wish to change the default currency from Euro to Israeli Shekels.
I have added the shekel as a new currency with conversion rate 1. Problem is that the Euro remains also at the same conversion rate, and the other currencies update according to it and not the shekel.
I deleted and added the Euro again, but it remains the default currency.

Thanks in advance.

23552_5OQcFOXkGqX4lX1SWbIb_t

Have you tried clicking the "Update currencies rate" button at the bottom?

Yes, and each time, the currencies are updated against the Euro which remains as "1" together with the Shekel which also remains "1".

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but i also have a problem with this.
And i wonder if you managed to fix this?

On one of the shops im doing the same thing happens.
I added swedish currency and changed it to be the default currency.
Now euro and swedish both stands on 1 while the other two, pound and dollar updates according to the euro.
Swedish currency is normaly working fine and is supported, but still same problem as the author of the thread.

Probably others have faced this also?
How did you fix it?

//Peter

Hi Peter.
I found no solution to the problem. Since then I have changed the default currency to US$, and manually inserted the exchange rate for the Shekel, which remains unchanged when the other currencies are updated. The dollar being what it is, I should probably change to Euro. :cheese:
PrestaShop, as mentioned above, obviously does not include ALL currencies in the system.
Set your SEK manually at a rate that will comply with daily or weekly fluctuations so that you don't lose out on the conversion.

Hello

Ok, well i just realized that ive had a brain meltdown (temporary) and have used a wrong iso code.
After i changed that it worked as it should. So maybe your Israeli iso code is different in presta?
And yes, euro is a strong and steady currency that you probably would gain more of if you change to it.

Thank you.
//Peter