Vote to Improve PrestaShop

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

The best place in the world to ask questions about PrestaShop and get advice from our passionate community!

PrestaShop Forum: Build a free online shop. Count on the Community!

Photo

Problem renaming PS directory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
dkgoodrich

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

I tried renaming my directory, changed all my folders names and long story short, it didn't work

So I changed it all back, re uploaded everything, its almost back the way it was.. but

I can access my back office but when I try to change the PS directory back it says page not found because it is trying non existent old directory that didn't work.

Make sense?

Thanks for your time,
DK

#2 Guest__*
Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.
2.You'd better to reinstall it if you can't rename them back after the step one.
3.It is really a bad idea to change folders names.Changing causes the "page not found".

rocky

PrestaShop Legend

• US Moderators
  • 10063 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

If you have PrestaShop installed in a subdirectory (not the public_html directory), you should go to the Preferences tab and change the "PS directory" and then click Save at the bottom before you rename the directory. Otherwise, PrestaShop will continue to look for the old directory. If you can't access the Back Office, you can must config/settings.inc.php and update the __PS_BASE_URI__.
Nethercott Constructions - PrestaShop modules and guides

ruialessio

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.
2.You'd better to reinstall it if you can't rename them back after the step one.
3.It is really a bad idea to change folders names.Changing causes the "page not found".

Well, "1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.", this doesn't make any sense.... lol, wuz the bussiness with your own computer?

For resolving this problem, you should only login to your ftp, change the directory PS as the name you have changed, for example:

default is /shop/, you changed it to /hello/, then you just found it can't be changed back to /shop/ anymore. WTF ah?
Let do it as follow:
1, login the FTP and change the directory PS to hello
2, change your URL in your IE or Firefox from http://yourdomain.com/shop/adminxx to http://yourdomain.com/hello/adminx
3, then, change the directory PS back to /shop/
4, login the FTP again and change the directory PS to shop.

Done,
You are welcome at first ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users