Problem renaming PS directory

I tried renaming my directory, changed all my folders names and long story short, it didn't work

So I changed it all back, re uploaded everything, its almost back the way it was.. but

I can access my back office but when I try to change the PS directory back it says page not found because it is trying non existent old directory that didn't work.

Make sense?

Thanks for your time,
DK

1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.
2.You'd better to reinstall it if you can't rename them back after the step one.
3.It is really a bad idea to change folders names.Changing causes the "page not found".

If you have PrestaShop installed in a subdirectory (not the public_html directory), you should go to the Preferences tab and change the "PS directory" and then click Save at the bottom before you rename the directory. Otherwise, PrestaShop will continue to look for the old directory. If you can't access the Back Office, you can must config/settings.inc.php and update the __PS_BASE_URI__.

• 4 months later...
1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.
2.You'd better to reinstall it if you can't rename them back after the step one.
3.It is really a bad idea to change folders names.Changing causes the "page not found".

Well, "1.Restart your computer and try renaming them back.", this doesn't make any sense.... lol, wuz the bussiness with your own computer?

For resolving this problem, you should only login to your ftp, change the directory PS as the name you have changed, for example:

default is /shop/, you changed it to /hello/, then you just found it can't be changed back to /shop/ anymore. WTF ah?
Let do it as follow:
1, login the FTP and change the directory PS to hello
2, change your URL in your IE or Firefox from http://yourdomain.com/shop/adminxx to http://yourdomain.com/hello/adminx
3, then, change the directory PS back to /shop/
4, login the FTP again and change the directory PS to shop.

Done,
You are welcome at first ^^