Viewed Products Block on Product Detail Page

Hi,

I am in desperate need to display Viewed Products block on the Product Detail (product.tpl) page.

Currently it is hooked to displayLeftColumn and it appears only on the product category page. I have tried transplanting it to "displayFooterProduct" & "displayLeftColumnProduct" & ", but I get the error as "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook.". I am using a custom theme and product.tpl is derived from the default theme and therefore doesn't implement leftColumn

Please give me some detailed directions/instructions as what I need to do in order to show the viewed product block on the product detail page.

Thanks in adv

Imran

1) you have left / right columns on product page (i mean, do you see them?)

2) perhaps your block viewed module has got some restrictions related to appearance on selected pages, check it under modules > positions and search for dispalyLeftColumn modules list (or displayRightColumn - depending on where you want to display blockviewed module). click on edit button near block viewed module on that list. there are "exceptions" section

there is just a chance that module has got some exceptions related to appearance, if so - remove them.

thanks a lot vekia and dioniz for your help.

@vekia

1) Product page does not show left or right columns.

2) I dont see exceptions in both left or right diplay settings as you advised

I think I need to play around with the code of blockviewed module (blockviewed.php and blockviewed.tpl). Since my original intention was to display the viewed products block on the product footer. I added a hook in blockviewed.tpl as "hookDisplayFooterProduct" and then customized blockviewed.tpl to dsiplay in horizontal and finally added a blockviewed module to this hook. I succeeded in that. But this required to me to change the original module files (which I don't want to), so I copied the changed files and placed them in mytheme/modules/blockviewed folder but it is not taking effect.

the can you please guide me if I can override the module in my theme without touching to original module files.

Thanks,

Imran