Paypal Module doesn't work on 1.6.0.9 version

Gionata82

Hello,

I have problems with the paypal payment module button on my Prestashop 1.6.0.9 version.

When I use paypal module 3.8.1 I can have two different situations:

1) doesn't work and give me a generic voice of ERROR/error contact the merchant

2) doesn't work and give me the page 500 Server Error...

I have activated SSL/TLS feature of altervista hosting, and the url with ssl/tls communication property is writen in url domain with ssl of prestashop settings.

I have redirect and cloaking of  my domain .com to a url altervista hosting without ssl.

I know about paypal problems with ssl3. So I have used each suggestion but the paypal button doesn't work. 

Can anyone help me please?

• 3 weeks later...

regarding to

Rules specific to the "Free modules" forum

This forum is not about the functionalities that are included for free in PrestaShop, but about the modules that you might give away to the Community for free.

All topics here should start with an answer, not a question.
You can use (almost) all other sections of the forum to ask for help or anything you need related to PrestaShop, but here you're the one who gives us tips and good practices.

Any module you may provide should be attached directly in your post 
Meaning: not with a link to an external website. The modules you are posting here are 100% free. Thus, you can share them just by attaching the ZIP file to the topic. Posts with an external link will be moderated and taken down.

Please use your common sense to make this section pleasant for everyone (respect others, be benevolent).

i moved topic to proper forum section related to paypal module. with regards,

Milos

• 3 weeks later...

Sorted this issue, deleted the current paypal module (was running 3.7.2) and downloaded the latest version from here

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

hope this helps you, let me know if it does !

Thank you so much for your response but I did solve the problem, I just reinstalled PS 1.6.0.11 and now I backup my site up daily. The problem was the translation blockcms section - edit: "[1]Ecommerce software by %s[/1] expression." That caused my PayPal module to break and no matter how many times I tried to reinstall it. It never fixed. “Weird” :rolleyes: 

Thank you so much

Edited by thelaptopdude (see edit history)

Thank you so much for your response but I did solve the problem, I just reinstalled PS 1.6.0.11 and now I backup my site up daily. The problem was the translation blockcms section - edit: "[1]Ecommerce software by %s[/1] expression." That caused my PayPal module to break and no matter how many times I tried to reinstall it. It never fixed. “Weird” :rolleyes: 

Thank you so much

Hi and thanks for the suggested solution. Can you please tell me what you did with the translation or how you modified it? Did you do it in the admin panel or through file? 

Thanks