Module Validation

eontech

Apologies in advance, for any errors in this post.  I'm not a frequent poster of any forums.   My question is for a PS module developer veteran.

I have developed my first multi-store carrier module for a European country's national postal service.  The module is 1.4+ compliant and since it's release into the wild, a few weeks back, appears to be working very well without any serious issues.  The module was coded using Prestashop standard for codesniffer, so using François Gaillard excellent validation tool, it passes configuration and compatibility but shows some relatively minor errors.  In particular:

1. Showing css, js & img folders, not being in the root folder as structural errors. The change would take seconds but I would prefer to keep root folder as clean as possible and keep these view related folders separate.

2. Most 'forbidden' items are valid and easy to replace, but one or two are simply wrong as there is no other logical alternative.  As you may well know the Prestashop core code itself is far from passing all of these validation rules.

So the question is, how important is this? and what do you consider best practice or good enough?

TIA

Serge