Greeting capitalised in emails sent by Prestashop

Walrus

When Prestashop sends an email (e.g. password reminder), it capitalises the greeting as HI YOUR NAME. This looks really ugly.

How do I change the greeting so, one, it's not in 'all caps' and, two, echoes the logged in greeting.

For example: Hello, Your Name!

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was editing the txt files and getting nowhere. While waiting for a reply, I edited password_query.html and managed to get what I wanted by changing the style from uppercase to none, and the greeting. Thanks for the heads up regarding order_conf.html, which I have also edited.

Not sure why the Prestashop team chose such an ugly in your face type of greeting style. Would have helped if they used a variable that we can easily edit via the back office.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was editing the txt files and getting nowhere. While waiting for a reply, I edited password_query.html and managed to get what I wanted by changing the style from uppercase to none, and the greeting. Thanks for the heads up regarding order_conf.html, which I have also edited.

Not sure why the Prestashop team chose such an ugly in your face type of greeting style. Would have helped if they used a variable that we can easily edit via the back office.

Yeah your had given a solution for yourself, that's great! However I would prefer remove the code "text-transform:uppercase;" to make the code clean.

But in some case when customer fill in their firs/last name without capitalize the first character, "text-transform:capitalize;" will be more proper when they receive email from your shop. 

For example I register my first and last name as john doe, the output will be:

• "text-transform:uppercase;" : JOHN DOE
  • "text-transform:capitalize;" : John Doe
  • "text-transform:none;" : john doe

You may find out more  at w3school.

I only know CSS enough to be dangerous! Can you see any problem with 'text-transform: capitalize;'? That would cover the 'john doe' scenario. 

Sorry I dont really understand what you mean, however I am confidence to what I wrote and will apply the change to my own store.

What's wrong with my example by the way? :)