authorization accepted from paypal by default even with paypal module disabled

miguel_gonz

Dear all,

I got a customer running Prestashop 1.4.2.5 that had the paypal module upgraded because of the SSL POODLE issue. They came to me because the paypal module (3.8.1) stopped working. 

We contacted paypal and any of the changes suggested by the support team didn´t work. We decided to go to the 3.7.2 paypal module and didn´t work either.

In the end we decided to disable the paypal module because customers couldn´t use it.

We realized that since we downgraded the paypal module, all orders were labeled as "authorization accepted from paypal" even when they were purchased using a VISA module and not paypal (it was already disabled).

I decided to uninstall the paypal module 3.7.2 and installed 3.8.1 again but keeping the paypal module disabled. Suddenly orders were getting the payment accepted state by default when purchased via VISA.

We have moved to a different bank and just changed the settings and realized that intermintently some orders are still getting the "authorization accepted from paypal". Uninstalling the paypal module is not helping either.

I´m really surprised that I can´t get rid of the paypal module at all :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Miguel