Duplicating live site to local WAMP, redirect error

Hi,

So I've managed (I think) to do most steps correct to make a local copy of my prestashop store in wamp. But I get kicked back to the login screen in bo when entering correct user / pwd. If not correct i get promted that user / pw is wrong doesn't exist.

I get the following in WAMP access log. So guess it's something that I'm missing, thankfull for any clue.

Running version 1.4.9

127.0.0.1 - - [15/Dec/2014:18:03:35 +0100] "POST /XXXXX/YYYYY/login.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3591
127.0.0.1 - - [15/Dec/2014:18:03:35 +0100] "GET /XXXXX/YYYYY/index.php HTTP/1.1" 302 3045
127.0.0.1 - - [15/Dec/2014:18:03:35 +0100] "GET /XXXXX/YYYYY/login.php?redirect=index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 4445
Edited by benknackan (see edit history)

This is the guide i follow and it works.

Make sure you have edited Config-Settings.inc.php with localhost's DB user and DB Password.

Also that you have changed shop url in db AND backoffice, deleted and re-created .htaccess and enable-disable friendly URL if you use those.

Transferred many times from live to Wamp following the guide, making localhost sending emails was trickier, did it once and it worked too.

Good luck!
Edited by yanc (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well I've used this guide http://www.fix-css.com/2012/12/make-a-local-development-copy-of-prestashop-1-4-installation/ and it's all working fine expect that I cannot log in to BO. I just redid the whole thing to try and sort it through but no luck. Also I get a warning from SQL, will attach it in a screendump in this post. Maybe you can help me further with that info too...

EZOChxL.png

Well I've used this guide http://www.fix-css.com/2012/12/make-a-local-development-copy-of-prestashop-1-4-installation/ and it's all working fine expect that I cannot log in to BO. I just redid the whole thing to try and sort it through but no luck. Also I get a warning from SQL, will attach it in a screendump in this post. Maybe you can help me further with that info too...

EZOChxL.png

how can you not 'log into back office'?  what does it do?

often time (more often than not) 1) delete .htaccess and/or 2) clear browser cookies 

As I've tried to explain it takes my user / pw and just kicks me back to the login screen. And if i enter incorrect user / pw it says that it was invalid. So clearly it accept the correct user / pw. But I still wind up at the login screen again. I really have no clue how to fix that

.htaccess is removed from the local installation. 

As I've tried to explain it takes my user / pw and just kicks me back to the login screen. And if i enter incorrect user / pw it says that it was invalid. So clearly it accept the correct user / pw. But I still wind up at the login screen again. I really have no clue how to fix that

.htaccess is removed from the local installation. 

when I have this issue, I clear cookie for that domain...

So now I've tried the same thing with XAMPP and I get the same exact problem.

Come on som1 must have gotten this problem and couldn't solve it by clearing cache and / or removing .htaccess.

So when I enter to login in BO I have this adress:

admin/login.php

When entering correct user / pw i get the following adress:

admin/login.php?redirect=index.php

El Patron I have tried to move it to several other domains and I can't get much ground with that either. Actually I currently should have a copy of the site on blingetui.dk but there it doesn't even show even thogh I've made the same process and configuration as moving to local. With the exception of entering correct url in both mysql database and settings ofc.

So when I enter to login in BO I have this adress:

admin/login.php

When entering correct user / pw i get the following adress:

admin/login.php?redirect=index.php

I have three shops in localhost and all of them login with shop/admin/index.php

Where did you get the admin/login.php from

I don't know what version you are on, but I would say it's standard login for atleast below 1.5.

Anyway i should get redirected so it's correct but I don't understand why I get back / redirected from index.php to login.php (which is what I get no matter if correctly logged in or not)

/* Redirect to admin panel */
			if (isset($_GET['redirect']))
				$url = strval($_GET['redirect'].(isset($_GET['token']) ? ('&token='.$_GET['token']) : ''));
			else
				$url = 'index.php';
			if (!Validate::isCleanHtml($url))
				die(Tools::displayError());

It's so incredible frustrating to not be able to mess about and explore the new ps versions just becouse of that I seems to have correct backup of my site. But the site won't let me login properly :S

I have three shops in localhost and all of them login with shop/admin/index.php

Where did you get the admin/login.php from

Right i have installed a fresh version of 1.4.9 into localhost, renamed admin and deleted install folder

Goto admin login page which is "admin/login.php"

Insert email and password and your correct it goes to admin/index.php

But i am able to login and look around.

What browser are you trying it in?

Have you tried other browsers?

EDIT:

have you tried to change the password for your account....

see here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/4485-employee-does-not-exist-or-bad-password/?p=248228

Edited by mickeyboy1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I "finally" atleast came a bit forward in my tries. Will try more stuff tomorrow.

Atleast I have gotten into BO of my localcopy now. Sort of atleast with a fresh install and copied DB expect employee field. Will experiment a bit more. Messed up when experimenting, will update u on the subject when I have news.

Edited by benknackan (see edit history)
  • Like 1