I cannot find error_log after failed installation

Hello everybody!

I am trying to install prestashop 1.6.0.9 on altervista.org, and it systematically fail during the 5th sub-step ("configuring shop information") of the "system configuration" step. It just says "error occurred during installation..."

post-888365-0-74461200-1418374068_thumb.png

I have found other people complaining the same issue, but they have not been useful for me. In particular, this doesn't solves my issue:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/prestashop-15/302-an-error-occurred-during-installation

I have read in other posts that an error_log file should be available, which would allow me identifying the root cause of the failure, but I cannot find this file anywhere.

Could someone please explain how can I activate the creation of error_log?

Thanks to everybody will help me!

Alberto

Hallo,

thank you for your prompt answer.

I'm sorry if I ask you further details, but I am a newbie.

By hosting control panel, do you mean that I should find this file by logging into the admin control panel of my host service provider, i.e. in my case altervista.org? So in this case I should ask support to them, if I don't find the file, is it right?

Or do you mean that I should login as admin to my prestashop backoffice? In this case this is not possible, because the login fails due to the aborted installation.

And just to clarify my basic doubt: is it sensible to search the logfile in some sub-folder of my prestashop installation (i.e. the place where I had uploaded via FTP the prestashop stuff, just to be clear)? I looked for it with filezilla search engine, but I couldn't find it.

Alberto

Hi,  start here and if you can not find chat with hosting company, it's imperative that shop managers know about this and check it regular to identify any issues.

By hosting control panel, do you mean that I should find this file by logging into the admin control panel of my host service provider, i.e. in my case altervista.org? So in this case I should ask support to them, if I don't find the file, is it right?

OK thanks for clarifying my doubt. I understand that this is a question that I should ask to my hosting company.

By the way, I realized that altervista has a restriction concerning the sites that can be accessed by PHP. I removed the restriction and the installation does not fail any more during the configuration of the shop installation. However it fails at a later step. I'll open a new post dedicated to this.

• Like 1