Hello,

Prestashop 1.6.0.9 with mulistore.

On the home page using the featured & best sellers block, the only options are to enter the category ID. Is there any adjustment possible OR another module that will allow to display specific products on the home page?

Choosing the category ID isn't enough, would like to have 9 featured products by their own product IDs, in three sets of rows or something like that on the home page within the  DisplayHomeTab hook. 

Advise, Help.

Let me know.

Change your perspective. ("There is no spoon.")

Remember that products can be associated with more than one category. There is a primary association with their main category but there can be additional associations with other categories as well.

Out of the box, the homefeatured module allows display of featured products on the home page based on which products are associated with the Home category, also by default category #2. (NOTE: It is an unrelated coincidence that the home page and the home category share the word "home"; there is no implied relationship between them.)

In an empty configuration, NO products are associated with the Home category. When you add new products, associate them with their main or primary category, a category OTHER THAN the home category. By selectively enabling a few products to ALSO be associated with the home category, the homefeatured module adds those products to the Featured section. (If, for some reason, you wanted to use a different category, you can change the category number that the homefeatured module references.)

Think of it this way. In the first list below, NO products would be shown in the Featured section. In the second configuration, Widget #2 is ALSO associated with the home category and therefore is displayed in the Featured section.

Category: Home

Category: Widgets

- Product: Widget #1

- Product: Widget #2

Category: Thing-a-ma-jigs

- Product: Thing-a-ma-jig #1

- Product: Thing-a-ma-jig #2

Category: Home

Category: Widgets

- Product: Widget #1

Category: Thing-a-ma-jigs

- Product: Thing-a-ma-jig #1

- Product: Thing-a-ma-jig #2

Thanks for the in-depth concept. Any ideas to increase the amount of products displayed on the home page? Right now its three across and rotating another three but would like to setup another group of products BELOW, maybe three deep of columns? 

Any ideas?

I'm not the right guy to answer that question. I have a strong programming background but I'm new to Prestashop so I'm still figuring out when to "color between the lines" with a clean modular solution vs. when it's appropriate to dive in and customize the underlying code.

• 2 weeks later...