Add to cart button text translated in French

FPA

Hello there,

I have a weird issue with the English version of my webpages. Instead of having "Add to cart" text on the button, I have the French translation text in my English website version. I think I tranlsated something I shouldn't but can't find where I did that, to rectify.

Thanks for your help.

Prestashop 1.6.0.9

Multistore English/French

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for your both inputs, much appreciated.

I double checked my translations and noticed that more than 3000 translations were missing in the FO folder > English. So I copied/pasted all the fields. That's why it took me 2 days to get back to this post. Unfortunately, I get no improvement and still have the same issues.

All this is related to the BO, so I don't think ant of this should improve my FO English pages issues. So here is a screenshot of an english page to show you the problems pointed by the arrows.

I also noticed that in translations > BO (French & English) I get the follwoing error message:

"Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form 4500 for max_input_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 5020 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files."

I did contact my host to see if this limit can be raised? Unfortunately, it can't.

The screeshot with El Patron's great PHP INFO module.

Edited by FPA (see edit history)

I double checked my translations and noticed that more than 3000 translations were missing in the FO folder > English. So I copied/pasted all the fields. That's why it took me 2 days to get back to this post. Unfortunately, I get no improvement and still have the same issues.

All this is related to the BO, so I don't think ant of this should improve my FO English pages issues. So here is a screenshot of an english page to show you the problems pointed by the arrows.

I also noticed that in translations > BO (French & English) I get the follwoing error message:

"Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form 4500 for max_input_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 5020 at least, or you will have to edit the translation files."

I did contact my host to see if this limit can be raised? Unfortunately, it can't.

Maybe you should consider getting a new host, considering the fact that there are loads of em available, maybe you will even stumble upon a even cheaper and more appealing option ;)

There is a COPY TRANSLATIONS option, which you can use to transfer the translations from bootstrap to your theme (somehow i got a feeling that you use one) that should save you great chunk of time with the 'manual labor' trouble. 

Anyhow, my general suggestion is, copy the line you wish to translate, and search for it in the translations ;) 

• Like 1

Intxcotton, thanks for your input, but I'm not sure you red my post and checked the screenshot I posted.

The problem is NOT the translations, at least not in the BO as it's simply happening on the FO. So changing my host, which is not cheap BTW) won't resolve any issue.

Please let experienced mods here reply, thanks.

The bold is the issue.  It does not matter how much one pays for hosting, at the end of the day is will the hosting support a PrestaShop installation, i'ts not wp :).  If you have access to php.ini then you can update this yourself, if you can't and the hosting will not raise it, and you 'must' have this to manage your shop, then run, don't walk to hosting that will support 5020+

Also reading it is not now clear to me if there two issues or just this one.  Please clarify if the limit is resulting in issue.  As for missing xlations, you could have imported the English language pack, probably most native ps areas would be updated.  

happy day, el

The bold is the issue.  It does not matter how much one pays for hosting, at the end of the day is will the hosting support a PrestaShop installation, i'ts not wp :).  If you have access to php.ini then you can update this yourself, if you can't and the hosting will not raise it, and you 'must' have this to manage your shop, then run, don't walk to hosting that will support 5020+

Also reading it is not now clear to me if there two issues or just this one.  Please clarify if the limit is resulting in issue.  As for missing xlations, you could have imported the English language pack, probably most native ps areas would be updated.  

happy day, el

Exactly! The limit @ my actual host is 4500. So I have no choice. They told me that the php.ini can be splitted in 2 files.

To reply to your question: Indeed, I did import the english langage pack, when I was trying to find a solution about why I get the French texts on my English pages. That's probably why I lost most of them.

Now, the questions is: do you think raising the limit to +5020 will resolve the issue? Knowing I get the limitation error message ONLY for the BO translations? 

Cheers.

OK, I just contacted my host again. It looks like I need another host offering higher limit.

BTW: I tried to deactivate some modules I was not using to see if I can bypass the issue, but it didn't help.

Thanks again!

• Like 1