installing online store issue

Hi all, 

I apologise if my problem seems silly, I'm really not tech savvy at all.

I've managed to get as far as uploading all of the prestashop files to the server (I think) then when it says put your domain URL into the browser I just get the 123 registry page & nothing to do with prestashop. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Thank you.

Where you have your domain name registered, have will need to set up the nameservers.

It is pretty self explanatory (not much to configure)...your registrar may also provide help.

Once you set your domain DNS to posting to your hosting account you should be good to go!

(note: make sure to 'clear' browser cache and cookies when trying to visit shop after DNS.

• Like 1

thank you, I think I have done it but it says it can take 48 hours to update so i will check later.

Thank you for your help!

yes usually much less time...but I can not stress enough about browser cache also here is good article that may help.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/233/clear_windows_dns_cache/

pretty exciting to go live!  Let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much for your time & patience!

I have done all of these & still nothing, I shall give it the full 48 hours before calling it a complete failure, though

ave maria...these things are very frustrating for shop manager.  I understand, so may hats to wear. 

using goggle search for 'dns checker'

run you domain name

see what you learn...don't give up!